The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) is a scholarship in Germany that targets students who come from developing countries. Many students from these developing countries apply and they are approved for the DAAD scholarship and they get the opportunity to bet enrolled in various universities in Germany.
The students are awarded with these DAAD scholarships to study courses that are taught in both German and English languages. The DAAD scholarship is however not available for undergraduates and is only for postgraduate students.
To be approved for the DAAD scholarship, a student has to show proof for two years of working experience. The courses that are approved under DAAD scholarship are those that have a duration of more than a year and less than three years.
How to Apply for Recent Fully Funded DAAD Scholarships for Study Abroad in Germany
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
Students who are approved for this scholarship have the chance to be enrolled in German universities. The scholarship also comes with a monthly allowance that will help you cater for daily expenses. It also has a provision for health allowance and travel stipends.
DAAD Scholarship covers the following expenses for international students during their course of stay in a German University under the DAAD Scholarship approved degree program;
- Doctorate students get a monthly allowance of 1000 Euros
- Postgraduate students get a monthly allowance of 750 Euros
- There is also a provision where these students can receive a travel grant
- The students also get accommodation for free at the university
- Both postgraduate and doctorate students get health insurance coverage
- The students get to study for free in a German university
- Daad Scholarship for the class of 2021 in German Universities will be offered throughout the acadmic year of 2020 and the application deadlines vary in each university.
DAAD Stipendium Requirement
A student applying for this scholarship must have completed a Bachelor’s degree course that had a duration of less than or equal to six years.
A student applying for this scholarship also has to show proof of two years of working experience.
The student does not necessarily have to understand German or English as this is dependent on the course that they choose.
How to apply for a DAAD Scholarship?
- Download the application form for DAAD scholarship.
- Make a personalized CV with your signature.
- Write motivation letter and hand sign it.
- Write detailed Research proposal.
- Get recommendation letter from your previous university.
- Add referral or experience letter from previous workplace.
- Include English or German language proficiency certificate.
- Apply for DAAD Scholarship directly to German University.
- Add supplementary documents to support your DAAD application.
- Submit online DAAD Scholarship application and send in hard copies to the University.
The DAAD scholarships are currently open for applications. You can find courses that you can study at any German university and apply for the DAAD scholarship to facilitate your study. Please make sure to check the list of DAAD Scholarship application deadline window period before submitting your applications.