Are you interested in studying in Australia on a fully funded scholarship? Try this Australia awards, it will serve the purpose. Just be sure to go through the mode of application and apply accordingly if you are sure you fulfill the eligibility criteria.
About Fully Funded Australia Award Scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
The scholarship is for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
- Read also; 10 best study abroad consultants
All you need to know about the fully funded Australia awards scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply;
- Full tuition fees as well as return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
In addition to that, supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience. Furthermore, fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Basically, applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
Scholars will have to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
How to apply
For Information on how to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarships, visit official website.
- Type of Opportunity – Scholarships and Fellowships
- Deadline – 30 April, 2020
- Country – Australia
- Organizer – Australian Government