The information and application links for the best scholarships for pastors worldwide are provided in this post. You can apply directly for any of these scholarships if you meet the prerequisites.
A person must complete ministerial training at a theological institute before becoming a pastor or priest in any religious setting. In other circumstances, the person might receive training within the church that the pastor desires to work for rather than at a formal training facility.
Many persons who feel called to serve God as pastors or priests lack the financial means to attend theological or biblical institutions to receive their education. Theological institute training is not actually free because there are costs associated with tuition, books, lodging, etc.
For this reason, we’ve collected a list of the best scholarships available to pastors worldwide so that anyone interested in becoming a priest can study theology for free.
12 Highest paying scholarships for pastors worldwide
1. Ida V. Holland Missionary Scholarship
Every year, San Antonio Area Foundation provides the Ida V. Holland Missionary Scholarship to residents of Bexar County, Texas who wish to serve God as seminarians and missionaries.
- Explore the world of Christian mysticism
The scholarship covers the cost of their tuition and other fees throughout the duration of their studies. In addition, the number and amount of the scholarship vary.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Candidates must enroll in Moody School or a comparable institution.
- Students of missionary activity (ministry or Christian education) should apply.
- Candidates must be American citizens who live in Bexar County, Texas.
Send your written application to First Presbyterian Church, Lindsay Blackmon, 404 N. Alamo, San Antonio, TX 78205, to be considered for this financial aid.
A selection committee will choose the award recipients.
2. Educating Africans For Christ Scholarships
The non-profit organization Educating Africans for Christ (EAFC) is supported by private donations. The foundation was established to help those who are called by God to carry out His job.
EAFC works with churches around Africa to provide financial aid to students pursuing theological education. It is one of the best-paying scholarships available to pastors worldwide.
Only the cost of tuition is covered by the scholarship amount. Additionally, the scholarship money—which varies in amount depending on the degree level—is given directly to the recipient’s college.
3. ELCA International Scholarships
The ELCA was created to make it possible for church leaders to receive advanced training in fields of endeavor in which the church is engaged, such as theology, healthcare, development, etc.
After completing the course, the awardees will go back to their home country to take a job assigned by the partner church. The monetary prize is one of the most lucrative scholarships available to pastors worldwide.
- Candidates must be active participants in a church or organization that collaborates with the ELCA.
- The applicant must be prepared to study advanced graduate-level theological degrees or other church-related subjects outside of their country of residence.
- Candidates shouldn’t be U.S. citizens or citizens with permanent residency.
- To work in a position specified by the companion church after graduation, candidates must be prepared to return to their native country.
NOTE; Applicants must submit their applications via their local churches rather than the ELCA Global Mission directly.
4. Randall University Christian Ministry Full Education Scholarship
Students pursuing a diploma or degree in Christian Ministry programs at Randall University are eligible for full-tuition financial help. Pastoral ministry, youth and family ministry, ministry and business, intercultural studies (missions), theology, and music & worship are among the study areas offered.
The recipient of this scholarship will not have to pay any tuition or living expenses while attending Randall University.
5. The Christian International Scholarship Foundation Grants
Selected Christian leaders are given the opportunity to finance their doctoral studies through the Christian International Scholarship Foundation, or CISF. Anyone in need of money can get it from anywhere over the world.
These chosen elders pursue doctoral degrees and then go on to work as presidents or deans of a reputable Bible College or seminary, senior faculty members of a related institution, executive directors of relief organizations, or national leaders of their church.
Most CISF grantees pursue their education at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School or Fuller Theological Seminary. Other recipients pursue their education at the Oxford Center for Mission Studies in England, the China Graduate School of Theology in Hong Kong, or Trinity Theological Seminary in Singapore.
The scholarship has a four-year renewable value of $10,000 per year.
6. Theological Education Fund for Women Scholarships (WARC)
Scholarships from the Theological Education Fund for Women, or WARC, are available to female candidates for priestly ordination.
A large network of Reformed churches in the South will benefit from the grant, which aims to expand the number of women in ordained ministry. They will increase their ability to effectively collaborate on God’s mission by doing this.
WARC recipients attend a seminary or college in their native nation or region to get a first degree or a diploma. One of the best-paying scholarships available to pastors globally is WARC.
The scholarship provides partial or full financial aid depending on need.
- Candidates must be female and willing to pursue a first theological degree or diploma (Bachelor of Divinity, Certificate, or Diploma) in preparation for ordained ministry.
- Candidates must submit a thorough statement of need, information on additional funding sources, and details on their chosen institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must submit a budget that covers expenses such as tuition, books, food, lodging, and travel.
- Candidates must specify how long they studied for.
7. Student scholarship at Barclay College
Students at Barclay College who are pursuing successful Christian leadership, service, and life are eligible for financial aid. Barclay College provides aid to qualified students that covers all of their educational expenses as part of the institution’s commitment to assisting students who are called by God.
Barclay College has assisted students over the years in continuing their education without having to pay tuition as one of the full scholarships for bible schools for overseas students.
- Before applying, candidates must be enrolled at Barclays College full-time.
- Candidates must have an ACT or SAT writing score of 18 or above, a minimum total GPA of 2.3, and a writing SAT score of 430.
8. Weston Jesuit School of Theology Defreitas Scholarship
International students from all around the world are given financial aid each year by Weston Jesuit School of Theology.
These students can pursue M.Div., Th.M., S.T.L., or S.T.D. studies thanks to the funding. Recipients will return to their home countries for ministerial activities after the program is over.
Both full and partial tuition are included in the cash award. Beneficiaries who receive full tuition assistance must set up at least $6,000 annually for other costs.
9. Catholic Theological Union Scholarships
People who want to work in the Christian ministry can apply for a variety of scholarship programs offered by the Catholic Theological Union.
The General Scholarship Fund, the Tolton Scholars Program, the Romero Scholars Program, and the Bernardin Scholars Program are all offered by this union.
For laypeople, laywomen, and religious women who want to volunteer their services for the work of God and the church, the General Scholarship Fund was created. Up to 40% of laymen and laywomen are eligible for financial aid, whereas religious women receive 20% of prizes.
The General Scholarship Fund offers the following scholarships for pastors;
- McAuley Scholarship Fund (for women studying for the ministry)
- Stuhlmueller Scholarship Fund (for biblical spirituality students)
- Geaney Scholarship Fund (for ay students of ministry)
- International Women’s Scholarship Fund (for women from Third World countries seeking credentials for Catholic ministry in their countries).
10. Wesley Biblical Seminary Scholarships
Two scholarships are available to students at Wesley Biblical Seminary: the Shepherd Project International Scholarship and the Martin Case for United Methodist Ministers for DMin Ph.D. students.
The Shepherd Project International Scholarship, one of the scholarships for pastors, is intended to empower talented church leaders carrying out ministry in their home nations.
Scholarships covering the entire cost of an online international Master of Arts in Christian Studies will be awarded to the winners. The cost of the books, a $100 confirmation fee, and a $200 graduation fee, however, are the responsibility of the beneficiaries.
- Candidates need to keep their cumulative GPA at 3.0. However, applicants who don’t keep their cumulative GPA at 3.0 will be allowed an extra 12 credits to raise it.
- For each academic year, applicants must enroll in at least 12 credits in the programs they wish to pursue.
11. B. J. Dean Scholarship Fund
Women who are training for full-time Christian ministry and people who want to be ordained as priests to serve in any faith are both eligible for the B. J. Dean Scholarship Fund.
- Read also; Full-ride seminary scholarships
Female residents of Tennessee or Texas who are enrolled in post-graduate programs at one of the state’s universities are required to apply.
The amount of the scholarship varies and is determined on need. Candidates should be aware that the deadline for applications is always March 15.
12. Pan African School of Theology Scholarship
In Kenya, a private postsecondary institution called the Pan African School of Theology provides graduate-level courses in theology-related subjects.
Scholarship options are available through this university for those who want to study to be evangelists, biblical scholars, or Christian leaders. These individuals will possess the drive and skills necessary to guide the congregation in the house of God.
Highest paying scholarships for pastors application links
- Ida V. Holland Missionary Scholarship
- Educating Africans For Christ Scholarships
- ELCA International Scholarships
- Randall University Christian Ministry Full Education Scholarship
- The Christian International Scholarship Foundation Grants
- Theological Education Fund for Women Scholarships
- Student scholarship at Barclay College
- Weston Jesuit School of Theology Defreitas Scholarship
- Catholic Theological Union Scholarships
- Wesley Biblical Seminary Scholarships
- B. .J. Dean Scholarship Fund
- Pan African School of Theology Scholarship
We have come to the end of the topic highest paying scholarships for Pastors, go ahead and apply for anyone of your choice. Read other related articles below.Share on Social Media