Cuba, where the Caribbean Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Atlantic Ocean cross, is one of the lowest tuition fee countries in the Northern Caribbean.
It is south of both Florida and the Bahamas in the United States, west of Haiti, and north of Jamaica. The largest city and capital is Havana; Santiago de Cuba and Camagüey are other significant cities.
The largest island in the Caribbean is Cuba. It was once the third largest city in the Americas and in recognition of its significance within the European colonies, was dubbed the “Key to the New World.” In Cuba, there are over 60 universities and schools, all public.
After Hurricanes George and Mitch, which ravaged portions of Central America and the Caribbean in 1998, former President Fidel Castro founded ELAM, a Latin American Medical School. As a general rule, foreign students whose native language is not Spanish spend up to one year studying Spanish.
Affordable Living Costs in Cuba
When compared to countries such as Australia, the UK and the US, the cost of living in Cuba is very low and affordable. With $5, foreign students can expect to eat a well fortified meal while studying in Cuba, have a cappuccino for just over $1, and even buy a monthly transport pass for just $1. The tuition charges vary from course to course, so it is important that you check it out with the school you choose to apply for.
How to apply to universities in Cuba for admission
The method of implementation includes the application;
- Completing an application form online
- Submission of required documents (transcripts for undergraduates)
- Certificate of Birth
- 2 letters of recommendation, one from the principal of your school and another for example, from a community leader)
As early as January, please start submitting your application.
Study Visa Requirements for Cuba
You would need a student visa prior to studying in Cuba as a foreign student. You will need a passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the date of entry.
You will be asked to provide your chosen university with your full name, address, passport number, expiration date, date and place of birth, name of father and mother, scheduled time of residence in Cuba, scheduled time of arrival in Cuba, three months before you arrive.
However if your overall stay, including any holiday days, reaches four weeks, the faculty can upgrade your tourist card to a student visa when you arrive at your destination. For four weeks, the transfer to a student visa costs 40 CUCs ($37.58). 25 CUCs ($24.05) costs an extension for a longer time.
Requirements for admission to study abroad in Cuba
You have to meet these conditions if you want to study in Cuba;
- When applying, be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Graduation certificate of high school or bachelor’s degree holder from your country of origin (BS or BA)
- Without a criminal record and free of violence or addiction
- From a low-income or underserved community
- Willing to comply with rules and regulations
- Capable of completing an acceptance test
Note that low-income applicants are given a great deal of attention.
For more information on the qualifications for admission, please visit the website of your university of choice. The websites are written in Spanish, so to access the websites or change the language to yours, you will have some knowledge of Spanish by using the change language button at the top.
Cheap Universities and Colleges in Cuba for International Students
- Agrarian University of Havana, Mayabeque
- Central University of Las Villas, Santa Clara
- Escuela Internacional de Educación Fisica y Deportes
- Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina
- Higher Institute of Technologies and Applied Sciences, Havana
- Instituto Superior de Arte, Havana
- Instituto Superior de Ciencias Médicas “Carlos J Finlay”, Camaguey
- Instituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas de La Habana
- Instituto Superior de Ciencias Médicas de Santiago de Cuba
- Instituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas de Villa Clara, Santa Clara
- Instituto Superior de Diseño Industrial
- Instituto Superior de Educación Física y Deportes “Comadante Manuel Fajardo”, La Habana
- Instituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico Dr. Antonio Núñez Jiménez, Moa
- Instituto Superior Pedagogico Enrique Jose Varona, Havana
- Instituto Superior Pedagógico “José de la Luzy Caballero” Holguín
- Polytechnic Institute “Jose Antonio Echevarria” (ISPJAE, commonly known as CUJAE)
- Universidad de Ciencias Pedagogicas Felix Varela, Santa Clara
- Universidad de Ciencias Pedagógicas “Héctor Alfredo Pineda Zaldívar”
- Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas (UCI)
- University of Artemisa
- University of Camagüey “Ignacio Agramonte”
- University of Ciego de Ávila
- University of Cienfuegos “Carlos Rafael Rodríguez”
- University of Granma (campus in Bayamo and Manzanillo)
- University of Guantanamo
- University of Havana
- University of Holguín “Oscar Lucero Moya”
- University of Las Tunas
- University of Matanzas “Camilo Cienfuegos”
- University of Pinar del Rio “Hnos Saíz Montes de Oca”
- University of Sancti Spiritus
- University of Santiago de Cuba (Universidad de Oriente)
Last Updated on June 7, 2021 by Admin AniSharing means caring😉