In the German-speaking world, welcome to the oldest university! University of Vienna, Austria, is one of Europe’s oldest universities. More than 94,000 students, including international students, are part of this university. What you need to confirm about University of Vienna, in this review, you’ll find out.
About the University of Vienna, Austria
The University of Vienna was founded in 1365 by the Duke of Austria, Rudolph IV, and was situated at the Sorbonne in Paris.
Usually, the University of Vienna is known as Austria’s most renowned university. The university is widely known for its academic excellence and high rankings among European universities, and guess what else? An example of the cheapest universities in Europe for foreign students is the University of Vienna, Austria.
The university operates more than 180 degree programs, including 15 faculty. While all their undergraduate courses require the skills of German, some of their postgraduate courses are in English.
Renowned in particular for its work in the field of humanities, the university claims nine Nobel Prize winners, including the chemist Hans Fischer and the physician Karl Landsteiner, who previously taught at the university. Other Nobel associations include physicist Erwin Schrödinger and economist and philosopher Friedrich Hayek. The father of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud, is one of his many outstanding alumni.
- Read also; Where to study abroad for free
The university is located in 63 locations throughout the city, all of which are linked by the tram and bus network of Vienna. The city is cycle-friendly and students are encouraged to sign up for the CityBike program, with bikes free for the first hour of use at stations throughout the city.
Sport is highly rated at the university, in addition to academic efforts, with its Institute for University Sports (USI) providing all students a comprehensive curriculum of health, training and sports facilities.
It also contains a botanical garden from the 18th century known as ‘the university’s green lung,’ which exists to raise awareness of ecological problems as well as conservation and biodiversity studies.
Vienna itself, Austria’s capital, lies on the Danube River in the east of the country. Mozart and Beethoven are former residents of the city, while the works of the Austrian artists Egon Schiele and Gustav Klimt are on display in museums in the city.
The city is a renowned tourist destination thanks to its beautiful architecture, baroque palaces and the famous Vienna State Opera. Vienna is also known as the ‘City of Dreams’ due to its connection with Freud.
The University of Vienna Rankings
Listed number one among Austrian universities, the University of Vienna provides foreign students with approximately 200 undergraduate and graduate programs. One of the reasons why some foreign students come here to pursue their studies is that the University of Vienna is active in many international collaborations.
- 134 in Times Higher Education Rankings (2020)
- 164 in Word University Rankings (2021)
- 154 in QS World University Rankings (2020)
- 101-125 in World Reputation Ranking (2020).
- 1 in Country Ranking
- 1 in Vienna Ranking
- 82 in the whole of Europe
Some Popular Courses Offered in the University of Vienna
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Computer Science &IT
- Business & Management
Language Spoken in The University of Vienna, Austria
The language of instruction at the University of Vienna for degree programs is usually German. Some master’s programs are taught in a foreign language or a blend of German and a different language. The curriculum of the applicable program is the legal basis for this.
Other Universities in Austria
- University of Klagenfurt
- University of Innsbruck
- Graz University of Technology
- Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Medical University of Graz
- Medical University of Vienna.
- Vienna University of Technology
- University of Graz
- Uniersity of Leoben
- University of Salzburg
Tuition Fee at University of Vienna
- Tuition Fee; Free tuition for students in Europe.
- For International Students; 1,600 USD per year.
Cost of living in Austria
The cost of living varies from town to town in Austria. But Austria is usually a cheap country to live in. The average monthly cost of living for a foreign student in Austria is around EUR 950.
Admission requirements to study in University of Vienna
Documents needed to obtain entry into the University of Vienna are;
- Identity card
- Official identification or proof of citizenship
- A-levels, high school diploma or an equivalent certification
- Transcript with grades from the last school year
- Bank receipt indicating payment of the per semester tuition fee if the applicant is not otherwise exempt.
Why Study in Austria
1. AUSTRIA is a cheap country for international student to study abroad; The cost of living is very cheap, unlike a few other European countries.
2. AUSTRIA has plenty of cheap universities; Universities in Austria are, like the University of Vienna, very accessible for foreign students. In addition, the standard of training is also top-notched.
3. Internationally Recognized AUSTRIA Universities; Other universities in Austria are globally recognised, like the University of Vienna, with high rankings among other universities in Europe and in the world at large.
Last Updated on May 23, 2021 by Admin AniSharing means caring😉