Hi there, welcome to the Study Eagles blog; we have taken the time to define what pathway program is and why the various providers of pathway programs in the UK, USA and Canada are relevant. All questions about pathway courses are looked into.
What is a pathway program?
The Foundation programs are preparatory courses which help international students learn the necessary skills and knowledge needed to secure admission into a bachelor program.
It typically takes one academic year to complete and does not make you a holder of a degree.
Importance of a pathway program
- To enable you build the required language skill
- It gives you time to figure out what you are good at
- Your chances of getting admission into a degree program will be skyrocketed
- You can learn and adapt to a new culture
Tips on how to choose the right pathway program for you
- Know what you want to study
- Do research about schools that offer the program and if they offer a pathway program too
- Find out the cost of studying and living in the Country if your school of choice doesn’t offer pathway programs, you can enroll in another school, after that, the school will help source for admission for you
- Check if the school offers guaranteed or conditional acceptance to a college or university after you complete
- Check if your school of choice offers your desired degree
- If an English language test is part of your degree admission requirements, check if the pathway program includes English language preparatory course
Pathway programs in UK
Some schools offer pathway programs in the UK that will open admission doors into renowned universities and colleges in the world.
The most common areas of studies for pathway programs in the UK include;
- Humanities and social science
- Business and economics
Students have the choices of both graduate and undergraduate courses to choose from leading to degree.
Schools in the United Kingdom that offer pathway programs – UK pathway providers
- De Montfort international college
- Bangor University International College
- University of Salford
- Cardiff University International Study Centre
- Coventry University
- University of Exeter
- University of Greenwich
- University of Westminster
- University of the West of England International College
- University of Sussex International Study Centre
- Nottingham Trent University International College
- Liverpool John Moores International College
- Kingston University International Study Centre
Pathway Programs in Canada
Many schools in Canada have agreement with language schools; if you cannot prove eligibility in English Language or French as the case may be, you will be offered conditional admission.
You will then have to apply with a language school, pass the exams and that is your pathway to the main degree program.
List of Schools Offering Pathway Courses in Canada
- Centennial College
- University of Lethbridge
- Mohawk College
- University of the Traser Valley
- Conestoga College
- George Brown College
- Fanshawe College
- Loyalist College
- Fleming College
- Durham College
- Canadore College
- Queen’s University School of English
- College of New Caledonia
Canada Pathway Program and Study Permit
If the pathway program is going to be longer than six months, you will have to apply for a study permit, but if not, you will need not to.
But whatever the case, you will have to apply for a temporary resident permit.
Pathway Programs in USA
It is also about language proficiency; you either prove it or enroll in a pathway program in any of the schools below in USA in order to be admitted into the main university.
Pathway Program Providers in USA
- St. Petersburg College in Florida
- Tallahassee Community College
- Saint Michael’s College
- Bridge Education Group
- Greenville University
- University of Massachusetts
- INTO Washington State University
- INTO Suffolk University Boston
- INTO Illinois State University
- De Paul University global pathway program
- University of South Florida
- University of Missouri – St, Louis
- Oregon State University
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Peace University
- Hoftra University
- Florida International University global first year
- Auburn University pathways
- University of Kansas Academic Accelerator
- University of the People international pathway program
Other Pathway Program Providers
We have several other providers especially in USA but let’s look at the profile of Alphabet Education Group.
Alphabet Education Group is into so many international and local students services. It ranges from preparatory pathway programs in English Language that will grant you immediate admission into 5% of top schools in USA, recruiting international students for international schools across different continents etc.
You can apply with them by indicating interest through this whatsApp number – +2348188955335.
They do not charge application fee but certainly you have to pay tuition fees for the English course; if you want a different service, they won’t charge you until they have satisfied you completely, but ask them how much they will eventually charge for each service you request.
They also help with student visa processing, resident permits sourcing etc. Internship opportunities also exist for students after their programs. They are more supportive compared to any other education consultancy services providers. You can choose to do your pathway program online with them and even part-time.
Pathway Programs – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What is a foundation pathway program?
It is a special program for students that do not have the required qualification(s) to get direct admission into their program of choice.
How do I apply for a foundation course in UK?
If you want to apply for a full-time foundation program, check if the school is registered on the UCAS platform. If it is a UCAS school, then you will apply via the platform online; if not, you visit the official website of the school to apply.
For part-time foundation degree program, you have to apply directly to the school of choice.
Can I get student aid for a foundation year program?
Yes, especially if it is a first degree like BSc, BA, BEd etc.
What happens to students who fail foundation year program exams?
If you score below 40% or fail the most important modules, you will be given opportunity to re-sit those papers and failure to make it this time leads to either rustication or you may be asked to try a different degree program.
What are the types of foundation programs available?
Well, there is a full-time and part-time and foundation program options.
Last Updated on October 9, 2021 by Admin AniPlease Spread the Info