I’m going to talk about the cheap tuition universities in Qatar, tuition fees, admission requirements, application process, student visa, living costs, etc. The country of Qatar is situated in western Asia.
All year round, it has a very humid, arid climate with little precipitation and high temperatures. The key summer months run from June to September, when temperatures can get above 40 ° C on a regular basis. Qatar is renowned for its sandstorms, the most prominent between March and August. The Qatari riyal is the currency of Qatar.
Admission Requirement for International Students
Certain academic standards must be met for foreign students wishing to study in Qatar. For detailed information, it is very important for students to visit the University of their Choice’s Website.
Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree from an institution recognised in their home country by the Ministry of Higher Education and the State of Qatar are eligible for admission to the Qatar University Graduate Program.
Below are the general admission requirements for international students
For Undergraduate studies;
Applicants must apply with the following;
- Full form application completed online
- Final, official and accredited transcript for high school
- Certificate of Health Given Within Qatar
- Duplicated copy of the Qatar ID card of the claimant (Non-Qatari applicants must also provide a copy of their passport; international students please refer to International Students website)
- Two (2) recent passport of the same size (size 4 x 6 cm) with a white background
- In order to be removed from the Foundation Program, applicants shall send official test reports to Colleges needing the Foundation Program (if available) to the Foundation Program Testing Centre
For Master’s studies;
Applicants must apply with the following;
- Full Application for Online Admissions
- Final and official transcript of the university that meets the degree and cumulative GPA criteria of the proposed program
- Satisfy QU’s requirement of English proficiency (and submit evidence to the Admissions Department)
- Certificate of Health
- Photocopy of your Qatar ID card
- Non-Qatari applicants must also supply their passport with a copy.
- Two new, identical, white-back passport-size photographs
For PhD Studies;
A good result for a Masters Degree is expected.
Cost of Studying in Qatar
Individual universities and colleges set their tuition charges in Qatar. Therefore it is recommended that a student find this out on the university’s web page. The same fees are payable to both local and foreign students. With a full price of about 72,100 QR per semester, that’s about US$19,800 per semester.
Some colleges charge fees based on credit hours,’ and each semester has about 12 credit hours. For example, undergraduate programs at Qatar University cost 1000 QR, which is equal to $365.00 per credit hour.
Some chosen applicants from outside Qatar to pursue undergraduate programs are given scholarship opportunities. Such applicants may be nominated by their embassies or may apply to the university directly.
Cost of Living in Qatar as an International Student
Like what we have in top study abroad nations such as the UK, Australia or the USA, the cost of living in Qatar is high. It also relies on the spending patterns and lifestyle of a learner.
Staying in smaller cities will bring down the cost of living. Qatar is a country that is rapidly growing, attracting hundreds of new expats and foreign students every day.
It can also be fairly costly due to the widespread import of basic foodstuffs. You should expect to pay $6 for a McDonald’s meal, $11 for a domestic or imported beer, $1.5 for a loaf of bread, as given by the Numbeo statistics.
Study Visa to Qatar
You will need to get a student visa to study in Qatar. A sponsor, usually your university, will issue your visa and you will need to apply well before entering the country. For your visa application, the documents below are usually needed.
- At a recognised education institution, you have a verified admission to study a course
- You paid all the corresponding visa fees
- A medical certificate from a licensed practitioner describing your health status
- A covering letter clarifying the course from your sponsor
List of Cheap Universities in Qatar
- Hamad bin Khalifa University
- Qatar University
- Community College of Qatar
- Qatar Aeronautical College
- University Foundation College
Foreign university campuses
- Academic Bridge Programme
- Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
- College of North Atlantic Qatar
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar
- HEC Paris
- Northwestern University in Qatar
- Stenden University Qatar
- Syscoms Institute
- Texas A&M University at Qatar
- University College London Qatar
- University of Calgary Qatar
- Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
- Cheap Universities in Texas with Scholarships and Tuition Fees - January 20, 2023
- Is it Free to Study in Spain as an International Student? - January 20, 2023
- Where to Study Abroad in France in English - January 20, 2023