1. General Scholarships for Women
If your student is not sure what degree they will pursue or simply wants to apply for awards that do not require a particular major, it is an excellent choice for women to earn general scholarships. The services below are not limited to particular fields, making them more versatile than certain other choices, such as STEM women’s scholarships.
Here is a list of general scholarships for girls:
- 1000 Dreams Scholarship Fund
- AAUW Scholarship Program (Multiple Opportunities)
- Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities, Must Be a Current or Former Soldier or a Lineal Descendant)
- Emerge Scholarship (Georgia Residents Only)
- STAR Scholarship
- SBMEF Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
2. Scholarships for Women in business, Accounting, or Finance
The scholarships for girls below are perfect for students who have their sights on the worlds of industry, finance, or accounting. Specific majors or fields of study are required, restricting the amount of competition.
Below is a list of scholarships for women in business, accounting, or finance that your student should explore:
- Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- PBWC Academic Scholarship Program (California Residents Only)
- Women in Public Finance Scholarships (Must Connect with Local Chapter)
3. Scholarships for Women in Teaching and Education
Excellent areas of study are teaching and schooling. However, initially, many educators do not receive high wages, so it is important to keep the cost of college low and prevent student loans.
Here is a list of scholarships for women interested in education and teaching:
- AASA Scholarship Program (Multiple Opportunities)
- American Montessori Society Teacher Education Scholarship
- Barbara Lotze Scholarship
- US Dept. of Education TEACH Grant
Note; Some of the above-mentioned women’s grants and scholarships may require students to commit to teaching in specific fields, in low-income areas or at a specific grade level. However if teaching is really their calling, many won’t find these points burdensome.
4. Scholarships for Women in STEM
In STEM, there are lots of girls’ scholarships (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). If your student is searching for women’s computer science scholarships, women’s engineering scholarships, women’s science scholarships, or awards to aid with any degree in science, technology, engineering, or math, they’re sure to find something to help finance their education.
Here are some of the scholarships for girls in STEM your student may want to explore;
- ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc. Academic Scholarship
- Alice T. Schafer Mathematics Prize
- AWIS Kirsten R. Lorentzen Award
- Aysen Tunca Memorial Scholarship
- BHW Scholarship
- ESA Foundation Scholarship
- Gertrude M. Cox Scholarship
- NOAA Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program
- OpenStack Scholarship Program
- Palantir Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program
5. Scholarships for Women in Health
These scholarships will make college more accessible, whether a student has the heart set on becoming a doctor or nurse or is interested in a field like public health.
Here is a list of scholarships for women in nursing, medicine, health, and similar fields;
- ANNA Career Mobility Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
- Future Care Scholarship
- March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarships
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program
- Oncology Nursing Society Foundation Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
6. Scholarships for Minority Women
Some girls’ scholarships do not simply limit the gender of applicants. Instead they make a college education more accessible and also strive to support minorities.
Scholarships for Women in any Minority Group
While some women’s scholarships require the applicant to be part of a minority group, not all of them mention a particular one.
If the student is female and a minority, here are a few scholarships to check out;
7. Scholarships for Black Women
Scholarships are fairly many for African Americans, and some go a step further and restrict the applicants to women.
If you are looking for scholarships for black women, take a look at these;
- Anarcha, Betsy, and Lucy Memorial Scholarship Award (Must Be a Medical Student)
- Anita Young Boswell Scholarship
- Julianne Malveaux Scholarship
- Hallie Q. Brown Scholarship Fund
- UNCF Essence Scholars Program
8. Scholarships for Asian Women
Women from Asia are also able to receive scholarships that are either only for them or that support women with Asian backgrounds very much.
Here are a couple of scholarships for Asian women:
- AANAPISI Scholarship Program
- Asian Woman in Business Scholarship
9. Scholarships for Hispanic/Latina Women
General scholarships are widely available for Latino students, but some require applicants to be women as well.
Here is a list of scholarships for Hispanic women;
- Chicana Latina Foundation Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
10. Scholarships for Native American Women
Scholarships for Native American women alone are unbelievably uncommon. There are possibilities to be had, however; here are a few opportunities and scholarships Native American women can explore;
- panic Women’s Council Scholarship Program
- InGenesis Diversity Leadership Scholarship
- Association of American Indian Affairs Scholarships
- Mary Ball Carrera Scholarship – for medical studies
- Cheap Universities in Texas with Scholarships and Tuition Fees - January 20, 2023
- Is it Free to Study in Spain as an International Student? - January 20, 2023
- Where to Study Abroad in France in English - January 20, 2023