If you want to do your program in Nigeria at the University of Uyo, learn about the university’s history, tuition fees, how to apply, rankings, and accreditation.
Learn how to apply, international student admission criteria, recent ranking and accreditation records, and everything else you need to know about studying in Nigeria at University of Uyo.
Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria’s second largest oil producer, is home to the University of Uyo. Although Uyo can be easily accessed by road, it is an external international airport (s). There are four campuses in which it operates.
Uniuyo, i.e University of Uyo was known before as the UNICROSS. The federal government of Nigeria designated it as a federal university on October 1, 1991, and the name was changed to the University of Uyo.
The university inherited the students, staff, academic programs, and all of the facilities of the former University of Cross River State, which was first established in 1983 in Cross River state. During the 1991/92 academic year, academic activities began. There are 13 faculties at UNIUYO, as well as a postgraduate level.
Professor Comfort Ekpo, the fourth Vice-Chancellor and the first woman Vice-Chancellor, served from 2010 to 2015. Professor Enefiok Essien was appointed Vice-Chancellor in January 2016 and has held the role ever since. Professor Enefiok Essien is a commercial lawyer who has served as dean of the Faculty of Law on two occasions. He was also the Deans’ Council Chairman.
International and National Ranking
Uniuyo, as it is usually known, is ranked 17th in the nation and 3816th worldwide in the 2018 Universities Ranking released in July.
Accreditation of University of Uyo
At the moment of this research, the National Universities Commission in Nigeria had accredited and accepted all of the courses offered by this institution.
Tuition Fees in UNIUYO
Tuition fees used to range from N18,000 to N50,000 depending on the program of study when I was in school; however, as of the time of this overview, the fees have risen to between N30,000 and N70,000, and are subject to adjustment. You will use the most recent exchange rate to convert the number to your own currency.
University of Uyo Campuses
Parts of Central Administration, Faculties of Engineering and Natural and Applied Sciences, the International Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability Research (ICEESR), and the Postgraduate School are all located on the Permanent Site/Main Campus.
The Town Campus houses the Arts, Education, Social Sciences, and Pharmacy faculties.
Agriculture, Business Administration, Law, Environmental Studies, and General Studies are all housed on the Annex Campus.
Ediene Abak’s Ime Umana Campus, which houses Pre-Degree, JUPEB, and other special courses.
Nyong Essien Uniuyo Library is a public library for students and others in Uniuyo, Uyo.
The Library has a current stock of 46,745 books and receives approximately 409,977 lending and reference requests per year. There are 271 publications currently available, covering all disciplinary interests. Nyong Essien Uniuyo library has 698 seats and is fitted with modern computers. It has a reading space of 970.51 meters.
Acquisition, lending, processing, and research are the four primary divisions of the library.
Reference, Serials, Special Collections, and Government Collections are all part of the Research Division. Nyong Essien, Africana, and the Government Collection are all part of the Special Collection.
Acquisition and Processing chooses, orders, and organizes library resources for efficient use.
The Public Service ( Lending ) Division interacts with readers directly, oversees the use of library resources, and responds to reference inquiries.
The university librarian’s office provides data for library planning, budgeting, monitoring, and coordination.
Services for Health
Students, faculty, and staff family members are also eligible for free health care at the University Health Centre. It is open to the general public. The following services are given on a regular basis:
- Medical certification
- Ante-natal care
- Family planning
- General surgery
- Medical and laboratory services
- Out-patient and in-patient care
- Environmental and preventive health services
Admission Requirements for International Students and How to Apply
- Academic Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- First degree for postgraduate students
- High School Certificate for Undergraduates
- International Passport so that they can help you apply for Visa
- Motivation Letter
Contact the school directly for more information on program specific admission criteria and how to apply; their contact information is at the bottom of this page.
- John James Akpan Udo-Edehe Politician
- Onofiok Luke Politician
- Ime Bishop Umoh Actor
- Ini Edo Actress
- Aniekan Umanah Politician
- Rt. Hon Usenobong Akpabio Politician
- Hon. Owen Owen Politician
I am also a proud graduate of this illustrious school, and I am currently involved in blogging and FOREX trading.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) has authorized the following affiliate institutions of the University of Uyo;
- St. Joseph Major Seminary, Ikot Ekpene
- Assemblies of God Divinity School, Old Umuahia
- The Apostolic Church Theological Seminary, Amumara
- The Samuel Bill Theological College, Abak
- Osun State College Of Education, Ila-Orangun (Regular)
Below are the 13 Faculties in Uniuyo and Undergraduate Programs Offered.
If you need the list of Postgraduate Programs offered by Uniuyo, please visit their website.
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agricultural Economics And Extension
- Home Economics
- Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Environmental Health Management
- Animal Science
- Soil Science
- Forestry And Wildlife
- Food Science And Technology
- Crop Science
- Agro Forestry
2. FACULTY OF ARTS
- History And International Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Religious Cultural Studies
- Communication Arts
- Linguistics And Nigerian Languages
- Theatre Arts
3. FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL
4. FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Banking And Finance
- Business Management
- Business Administration
5. FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
- Medicine And Surgery
6. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Educational Technology And Library Science
- Early Childhood And Special Education
- Vocational Education
- Physical And Health Education
- Postgraduate Diploma In Education
- Educational Foundation
- Curriculum Studies Educational Mgt. And Planning
- Science Education
- Institute Of Education
7. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Civil Engineering
8. ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Geoinformatics And Surveying
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Management And Conservation
- Waste Management Studies
- Quantity Surveying
- Fine And Industrial Arts
- Estate Management
- Actuarial Science
9. FACULTY OF LAW
10. FACULTY OF PHARMACY
- Pharmacology And Toxicology
- Pharmacognosy And Natural Medicine
11. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Botany And Ecological Studies
- Medical Microbiology And Parasitology
- Computer Science
- Brewing Science And Technology
12. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Political Science And Public
- Geography And Regional Planning
13. FACULTY OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
This faculty prepares students for direct entry into the 200 level, primarily in the sciences, environmental studies, social sciences, education, and the arts. This faculty accepts students who do not wish to pass the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). JUPEB and other special programs are also carried out in this location.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official website – https://www.uniuyo.edu.ng/
- Contact Phone Number – +234(0)-8146129875, +234(0)-7017747407
- Contact Address – Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. Town Campus and Annex Campus – Ikpa Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. Postal Box; P.M.B 1017, Uyo, AKS.