Applying to Harvard University can be a challenging job in a graduate program, whether it’s a Master’s or Ph.D. program. However by listing what you should do step-by-step, we will try our best to make this application process simpler.
You should only disregard the section that applies to foreign students if you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident. But you can also complete the pieces that apply to foreign students if you are an international student.
Harvard University Application; Graduate Programs
Applications for admissions as foreign students, with few exceptions such as the language proficiency test, are basically the same as applying as a domestic student. I will list all the required documents and procedures for applying as an international student to Harvard University in this section.
Necessary Documents to Apply for Harvard University Graduate Program
- Online application form and application fee of $105
- Uploaded transcripts to the online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- Demonstration of English Proficiency for international students (Only for International Students: IELTS or TOEFL)
Very frankly, for various graduate programs at Harvard University, the application process (particularly the necessary documents) is different. The application is also different, too.
For details, you can refer to your website for the graduate program. So you can look at the Harvard College of Engineering Website if you are applying for engineering. You can take a look at the Harvard Humanities Site if you are looking for a humanities program.
The website can be found by searching for “Harvard Graduate School on Google.
This is a general reference to the process for requesting applications. Slight variations between graduate programs can exist.
Start the application online
Students must go to Harvard’s appropriate graduate school and start an online application (Ex. Graduate School of Engineering for majors in engineering, etc.)
- Upload your transcripts to the web application form
- Ask 3 faculty lecturers for the recommendations at your previous institution
- Write an intent statement or essay; This should express your interest in the graduate program, academic credentials, and your priorities.
Take a test for English Proficiency
International students must take the TOEFL and have a score of at least 80. Higher scores will be required by some programs.
Submit the application when both the application form and the materials needed are completed
As mentioned earlier, for various graduate programs, the application process is different, and it is therefore important that you review the website of the graduate program for full details on the application process. This should however, give you a general guide so that when you fill out the application, you know what to expect.
- Affordable Medical Schools and Universities in Canada with Tuition Fees - June 27, 2022
- 2 Week Certification Programs Online or In Person - June 20, 2022
- How do paraphrasing tools assist Research Students? - June 13, 2022