Study in Slovenia with their top yet very affordable universities, I have reviewed all information you may require. There are lots of cheap universities in Slovenia for international students to choose from.
Slovenia as a member of European Union is also bounded by the Schengen law. An international student studying in Slovenia can travel to other parts of Europe without having to apply for another visa. The schengen visa covers him or her.
Slovenia University Fees
You are not eligible to pay tuition fees under certain circumstances in Slovenia. For instance, if you are from Europe or any other country that has an exchange agreement with Slovenia, or reciprocal agreement, then you won’t have to pay tuition fees; it is a tuition free studies for you.
But you must be a permanent resident of Slovenia and either you or your parents pay tax in Slovenia before you can benefit. All you will be asked to pay is a departmental fee of about 30 euros per year. This is only obtainable in public schools.
Private universities or colleges in Slovenia charge affordable tuition fee; depending on the school or program of choice, you have to budget €1,500 to €10,000 yearly.
Universities in Slovenia – Intake Periods
Some universities open their portal for international applicants in February to March, while others do wait for August. October is when all schools in Slovenia rap it up concerning admission. Do not wait for this dying minute drama, apply early.
Study Abroad in Slovenia at their Affordable Colleges or Universities – Cost of Living
As an international student, budget about 570 to 620 euros per month for upkeep, accommodation, transport etc, breakdown is as follows;
- Food is €200 per month
- Student Dormitory/residence hall, it can cost €80 -120 per month
- Private accommodation is €150 -250 per month
- Urban public transport card is € 20 per month
List of Free Tuition Universities in Slovenia
- Environmental Protection College
- Faculty for Commercial and Business Sciences (FCBS)
- Faculty of Applied Social Studies
- Faculty of Information Studies
- European Faculty of Law
- European Study Center Maribor
- Academy of Dance
- Academy of Visual Arts
- College of Nursing Jesenice
- Doba Higher School of Business
Cheap Universities in Slovenia – How to Apply
Some schools in Slovenia are still orthodox about admission procedures. They expect you to mail your application to them with all required documents and wait for it to be processed before you can expect an acceptance if they deem it fit.
Others are up to date, they offer complete online application option for international students. Contact your school of choice to know what is obtainable.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- A valid secondary/high school result
- Proficiency result in English or Slovenian
Postgraduate Admission Requirement
- A relevant bachelor’s or equivalent degree diploma
Doctorate Admission Requirement
- A relevant diploma or Master’s degree program.
Language Requirement for Studying at Universities in Slovenia
Am students who want to study in undergraduate level must proof that they are fluent with Slovenian. All Bachelors are offered in this local dialect.
Just get a written note that you did your previous studies in Slovenian from your former school head or prepare to join their language pathway program.
English language is one of the languages used to teach in Slovenia. You must be able to read it and write with it in order to be granted permission to study in the language.
It is advisable to always confirm information with your school, please find out more information about admission requirements.
List of Low Tuition Universities in Slovenia for International Students
Public Universities in Slovenia
- Faculty of Information Studies, Novo Mesto
- University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana
- University of Maribor, Maribor
- University of Nova Gorica, Nova Gorica
- University of Primorska, Koper
Private Institutions in Slovenia
- Academia, Maribor
- Academy of Visual Arts, Ljubljana
- Alma Mater Europaea – Evropski center, Maribor, Maribor, Ljubljana, Murska Sobota
- Celje Higher School of Commerce, Celje
- College of Nursing Jesenice, Jesenice
- Doba Higher School of Business, Maribor
- Environmental Protection College, Velenje
- European Faculty of Law, Nova Gorica
- Faculty of Applied Social Studies, Nova Gorica
- Faculty of Organisation Studies in Novo mesto, Novo Mesto
- Faculty of Postgraduate National and European studies, Kranj
- GEA College of Entrepreneurship, Ljubljana
- Higher School of Applied Sciences, Ljubljana
- Higher School of Health Care, Novo Mesto
- Higher School of Technology and Systems, Novo Mesto
- IEDC-Bled School of Management, Bled
- International School for Business and Social Studies, Celje
- Jožef Stefan International Postgraduate School, Ljubljana
- Ljubljana Graduate School of the Humanities, Ljubljana
- Ljubljana School of Design, Ljubljana
- Ljubljana School of Accounting, Ljubljana
- Novo Mesto Business and Management College, Novo Mesto
- Polymer Technology College, Slovenj Gradec
Approved Private Institutions in Slovenia
- Academy of Dance, Ljubljana
- DOBA Faculty, Maribor
- European Study Center Maribor, Maribor
- Faculty of Media, Ljubljana
- Higher School of Economy, Celje
Last Updated on May 30, 2021 by Admin AniPlease Spread the Info