Are you interested in getting a nursing degree program online or do you want to run an RN to BSN program online? Check out these Online Nursing Programs Without Clinicals.
Your clinical commitment in a typical BSN “completion” program can range from 700 to 900 hours — a considerable time commitment that may not signify much if you have already spent extensive time caring for patients in a clinical setting.
- Read also; 13 Highest paid scholarships in the world
Some schools need you to choose a location near you to do your clinicals, while others include clinicals as part of their program. While studying online, most of the colleges in this post expect you to obtain field experience or join a clinic for practicals.
Online Nursing Programs Without Clinicals – RN to BSN Programs
Here are some online nursing schools that either combine clinical experiences into a range of courses or offer field experiences in your area to allow 100 percent online study without campus trips.
Grand Canyon University Online RN to BSN Programs without Clinicals
GCU is a Christian-based university with a sizable online teaching program. Their 36-credit RN-to-BSN program is offered on a rolling basis, with new students starting every two weeks. There is no clinical component to the program.
South University Online RN to BSN Programs without Clinicals
South University is a private university with approximately 18,000 students that offers a big and diverse online degree program. It offers an RN to BSN completion program online with no clinical courses required, in addition to various nursing master’s degrees. Prior learning can be used to transfer up to 90 credits toward your BSN degree.
Arizona State University Online RN to BSN Programs without Clinicals
There are no clinical or practicum courses in this 100% online degree provided by Arizona’s public state university system. Clinical learning is accomplished through “practical learning activities.”
Saint Louis University Online RN to BSN Programs without Clinicals
The online RN to BSN program at this Catholic Jesuit school in St. Louis, Missouri, allows for up to 64 credit hours to be transferred in and requires no clinical courses.
Indiana University Online RN to BSN Programs without Clinicals
Eight campuses of the Indiana University Nursing School – a state public university system – collaborated to form an unified curriculum. Clinical learning experiences are “integrated in didactic or lecture-based courses,” according to the school’s website.
Online Nursing Programs Offered without Clinicals
Online Nursing Programs without Clinicals – Purdue University Global
Purdue University is a large university that specializes in online career training. It provides degrees in a variety of fields. It has an RN to BSN program and an accelerated BSN to MSN program for licensed nurses. Master’s degrees in nursing are also available in;
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS Nurse Educator
- Nursing Administration
Online Nursing Programs without Clinicals – California Baptist University
CBU is a private Christian liberal arts university in Riverside, California, with over 9,000 students enrolled in its 11 schools. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges has granted it accreditation. It offers a BSN program for registered nurses.
Online Nursing Programs without Clinicals – Walden University
Walden University is a recognized university with over 40,000 students and over 40 years of expertise. It offers a comprehensive range of master’s and doctoral degrees in nursing, including;
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Leadership
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Education
Online Nursing Programs without Clinicals – Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is a private institution founded in 1949 with over 40,000 students enrolled both online and on the main campus in Phoenix, Arizona. Fortune Magazine has named it one of the top five online schools for entrepreneurs. Degrees are available in a wide range of subjects. Nursing programs include the following;
- RN to BSN program
- MS in Nursing, in specialties including Public Health, Informatics, Leadership, Nurse Education and others.
Since 1968, the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and its predecessor have continuously approved GCU. In 2007, GCU received its most recent 10-year reaccreditation.
Benefits of Choosing GCU
- Graduation in Less Time — their four-credit classes allow you to finish your nursing degree in less time.
- GCU offers bachelor’s, master’s, and post-certificates, master’s as well as post-certificates. master’s We have high-demand programs including RN to BSN and MSNs with different specializations.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)1 has accredited the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, and the Arizona State Board of Nursing has authorized its programs.
- Learn with Industry Leaders and Subject Matter Experts – Classes at Grand Canyon University are taught by industry leaders and subject matter experts.
- Grand Canyon University’s baccalaureate and master’s degrees in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The Arizona State Board of Nursing has also authorized GCU’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
Online Nursing Programs without Clinicals – The University of Saint Mary
USM is a Kansas-based private school that was founded in 1923. It has a strong tradition of assisting adults with their education, and The Princeton Review has rated it the “Best Midwestern College” since 2005. The cost per credit for its nursing RN to BSN program is in the middle, but the institution assists 95 percent of its students with financial aid. The following are examples of nursing degree programs;
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Administrator
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator
Campus-Based School without Clinicals
University of Wyoming Nursing Programs without Clinicals
The program at the public university in Laramie, Wyoming, is meant to be completed in one year at a fast pace. It is an unusual campus-based program that does not require clinical time and demands full-time attendance.
How to Apply
Please browse on the official schools’ websites for more information on requirements and application dates, as this information changes over time.
- Highest Paid Doctors in the World with Salary Figures 2022 - September 28, 2022
- Career Options For People After Learning Python - September 28, 2022
- How to Study Abroad in Switzerland, Universities and Tuition Fees - September 22, 2022