Let us see where to study abroad in Uruguay at affordable rate; we want to look into the list of low tuition universities in Uruguay, tuition fees, cost of living and how to apply as an international student.
But before we do that, Let us briefly discuss about Uruguay. Uruguay is a South American country known for its verdant interior and beach-lined coast. Montevideo, which is the capital, revolves around Plaza Independencia.
The official language in Uruguay is Spanish and as a result, is the main language of tuition in Uruguay. Higher education in Uruguay is completely free for citizens of the country, from childhood right up to university level.
However, Uruguay has only one public university, alongside four private universities which charge tuition fees. The popular subjects to study in Uruguay are law, medicine, engineering, economics and a number of other social sciences.
Study Abroad with Cheap Universities in Uruguay; information for international students
Despite the fact that students who are from Uruguay do not pay tuition fees, it is not so for non-indigenes. The fees are generally low and affordable. International students are required to pay low tuition fees which depend on the institution and number of subjects offered by the student.
Tuition fees for international students are in the range of US$2,250 and US$4,500 per semester (note: there are two semesters in a year). We recommend that you contact the university you intend to enrol for specific tuition amount.
Admission Requirements and How to apply
What you are required to provide varies from one institution to another. Generally, international students are usually required to possess a valid ID, a copy of your passport, academic references (for graduate students), a certificate of prior qualifications, and proof of proficiency in Spanish and finally, submit a completed application form to the university in question.
Endeavour to visit the university’s webpage for more information on requirements for own program. The academic calendar in Uruguay starts from March to April. Always send your application early and the best periods for submissions are between September and December. The submission Deadlines depend on the individual institutions.
As an international students entering Uruguay for undergraduate or graduate programs, you need to have a student visa. How you can apply for it is very easy. Below are the visa application requirements;
- A valid passport
- An acceptance letter from a recognized Uruguayan university
- Passport-size photographs
- A completed visa application form and in some cases a medical report (necessary for nationals of some countries).
As a general thing, you will also need to show that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. Contact your nearest Uruguayan Embassy for advice on your visa application.
List of Top and Affordable Universities in Uruguay
- Universidadde la República
- UniversidadCatólica del Uruguay
- UniversidadORT Uruguay
- Universidadde Montevideo
- Universidadde la Empresa
- InstitutoUniversitario Claeh
- Colegiodel Espiritu Santo
- Universities institutes in Uruguay
- UniversidadTecnológica del Uruguay
- Instituto Metodista Universitario Crandon
- Instituto Universitario Asociación Cristiana de Jóvenes
- Instituto Universitario “Asociación Psicoanalíticadel Uruguay”
- Instituto Universitario Bios
- College of the Holy Spirit CDES
- Instituto Universitario “Centro de Docencia,Investigación e Información en Aprendizaje” (CEDIIAP)
- Instituto Universitario “Centro de Estudio yDiagnóstico de las Disgnacias del Uruguay” (IUCEDDU)
- Instituto Universitario “Centro Latinoamericano deEconomía Humana” (CLAEH)
- Universitario Autónomo del Sur