We want to present to you the list of cheap universities in Uruguay for international students with tuition fees; living costs and how to apply as an international student discussed. Let’s see where you can study abroad in Uruguay at an affordable rate.
But before we do that, let’s define Uruguay briefly. Uruguay is a country in South America known for its green interior and beach-lined coast. Plaza Independencia centers around Montevideo, which is the capital.
In Uruguay, the official language is Spanish, which makes it the primary language of education in Uruguay. In Uruguay, higher education is absolutely free for the people of the country, from infancy to university level.
Uruguay, however, has only one public university, in addition to four private colleges that charge tuition fees. Justice, medicine, engineering, economics and a variety of other social sciences are common subjects to study in Uruguay.
Tuition Fees at Universities in Uruguay
It is not so for foreign students, despite the fact that students who are from Uruguay do not pay tuition fees, you must pay. In general, the fees are very cheap compared to studying in France, but you can also work and study in Australia. Low tuition fees that depend on the institution and the number of subjects provided by the student are expected by international students to pay.
Cost of studying are in the range of US$2,250 to US$4,500 per semester for foreign students (note; there are two semesters in a year). We recommend that you contact the university where you intend to enroll for a fixed amount of tuition.
Admission Requirements and How to Apply
What you are expected to supply varies from institution to institution. International students are typically expected to have a valid ID, a copy of their passport, academic references (for graduate students), a certificate of prior qualification and proof of proficiency in Spanish, and to submit a completed application form to the university concerned.
For more information on program specifications, please visit the university’s website. In Uruguay, the academic calendar begins from March to April. Always submit your application early and between September and December are the best times for submissions. The deadlines for submissions depend on the individual organizations.
Study Visa Requirements
You need to have a student visa for foreign students entering Uruguay for undergraduate or graduate programs. How you may apply for it is very straightforward. Below are the documents for applying for a study visa;
- A valid passport
- An acceptance letter from a recognized Uruguayan university
- Passport-size photographs
- A completed visa application form and in some cases a medical report (necessary for nationals of some countries).
As a general matter, you will also need to demonstrate that during your stay you have enough money to support yourself. For guidance on your visa application, contact your nearest Uruguayan Embassy.
List of the Cheapest Universities in Uruguay for International Student
- Universidadde la República
- UniversidadCatólica del Uruguay
- UniversidadORT Uruguay
- University of Montevideo
- Universidadde la Empresa
- InstitutoUniversitario Claeh
- Colegiodel Espiritu Santo
Universities institutes in Uruguay
- UniversidadTecnológica del Uruguay
- Instituto Metodista Universitario Crandon
- Instituto Universitario Asociación Cristiana de Jóvenes
- Instituto Universitario “Asociación Psicoanalíticadel Uruguay”
- Instituto Universitario Bios
- College of the Holy Spirit CDES
- Instituto Universitario “Centro de Docencia,Investigación e Información en Aprendizaje” (CEDIIAP)
- Instituto Universitario “Centro de Estudio yDiagnóstico de las Disgnacias del Uruguay” (IUCEDDU)
- Instituto Universitario “Centro Latinoamericano deEconomía Humana” (CLAEH)
- Universitario Autónomo del Sur
- All Top Hard Bible Questions and Answers for Adults - September 27, 2023
- Eco-Friendly Travel – How to Explore the World Responsibly - September 21, 2023
- LMS for IT Training – Keeping Skills Current - September 20, 2023