Get acquainted with the possibility of admission into University of Melbourne for both national and international students. If it interest you, feel free to see the University of Melbourne acceptance rate, rankings and alumni information as well.
About University of Melbourne
Melbourne University is a public research university that was founded in the city of Melbourne, Australia, in 1853.
The university has made tremendous strides as one of the oldest universities in Australia and the oldest in the state of Victoria, and has distinguished itself since its inception as one of the world’s leading universities.
Melbourne University is part of a number of prestigious alliances with other top universities, such as the Community of Eight, Universities 21, Sandstone Universities, Pacific Rim University Association, etc.
- Suggested; How to work and study abroad in Australia
The university has 10 associated residential colleges that are situated either on the main campus or in the suburbs surrounding it.
For both domestic and foreign students, the University of Melbourne offers fantastic scholarships. The University of Melbourne Scholarships should certainly be checked out!
University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate
After talking about Melbourne University history and background information, let’s look at University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate. It baffles me that when this school is compared to universities of same standard in the USA, their acceptance rate is poor.
While there are no clear acceptance rate estimates, the minimum grade to be applied is 65%, which is a fairly low level. The acceptance rate is very high since they depend on foreign students and their tuition. I’d say more than 40% of people are approved. Not all, however, graduate.
Rankings and Other Information
The University of Melbourne has consistently performed well in reputed third-party polls on different rating schemes. For the 2017-18 academic year the Times Higher Education survey rated the university 32nd in the world and first in Australia, while the QS World University Rankings for 2019 ranked them 39th.
On the other hand, the Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked the University of Melbourne 38th in the world and 1st in Australia. The university is the 6th largest in the world in terms of employability enjoyed by graduates, according to the QS Graduate Employability Rankings for 2019. From these high rankings, you can see that the admission rate would be poor at the University of Melbourne.
University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate – Admission Statistics
Across its 10 campuses, the University of Melbourne has a cumulative enrollment of 50,000 students. About 51.5% of these students are undergraduate students, while the other 48.5% are graduate students. A balanced 24:1 is the student-to-staff ratio that encourages teachers to pay particular attention to each student’s needs and requirements. In addition, university-enrolled students come around the globe, enabling the campus to have a multicultural experience.
In addition to 9 specialized undergraduate classes, the university consists of 11 academic units that last 3 years each. There are 15 schools for graduate students, which are particularly sought after by the Melbourne Business School, the Melbourne Law School and the Melbourne Medical School.
Many of the affiliated colleges provide residential facilities where students from the University of Melbourne are enrolled. This offers students the chance to live among a diverse community of individuals and thus grow as global citizens.
Prominent Alumni at University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne has significantly contributed to academic research and to cultural and arts growth in Australia. This can be seen from a look at the list of eminent Melbourne alumni.
Four Australian Premiers, including Alfred Deakin, Julia Gillard, Harold Holt and Sir Robert Menzies, were students at the University. Their Nobel Prize-winning performance is ten, the best in Australian universities.
- Read also; Apply for scholarships
So it is obvious that Melbourne university is the place to go if you want top-class training and everything else a foreign student can think of. A workforce consisting of highly trained and committed scholars who emphasize inspiring the young minds is responsible for supervising the numerous study programs.
To Conclude on University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate
So make up your mind about studying at U of Melbourne after reading about the University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate. Share our post on social networks and read other reviews.
- Compelling reasons why you should do an MBA - November 29, 2023
- Reading Online for Free Without Downloading – Best Sites - November 29, 2023
- All Top Free Government Certifications Online with Links - November 25, 2023