Studying in Poland is a wonderful way to get a decent education and experience a great university atmosphere without having to spend a lot of money. To many foreign students, the University of Warsaw is a fantastic Polish university.
About University of Warsaw
The prestigious university, which was established in 1816, is Poland’s largest university. It has over 6,000 employees, including over 3,100 academic educators. It has 53,000 students enrolled in graduate programs (in addition to more than 9,200 doctoral candidates). Around 37 separate fields of study, 18 faculties, and more than 100 specializations in Arts, techniques, and natural sciences are available at the university.
It grew to be the country’s largest in the early 1930s. Their courses’ curriculum were expanded and new colleges were created. The University was successfully reopened in 1945 after World War II and the destruction of Warsaw.
The University of Warsaw now has 126 buildings and educational complexes, with over 18 faculties, including biology, chemistry, journalism, political science, philosophy, sociology, physics, geography, regional studies, geology, history, applied linguistics, Slavic philology, economics, philology, pedagogy, Polish language, law, public administration, psychology, applied social sciences, and mathematics.
University of Warsaw is one of Poland’s best universities. The university is ranked as the best Polish higher education institution by international rankings such as ARWU and University Web Ranking. The University of Warsaw was ranked 61st in the University Web Ranking’s list of the top 100 European universities. The University of Warsaw was previously rated as the best higher-level institution in Poland and among the top 400 in the world by QS World University Rankings.
University of Warsaw Rankings
- #801 in Times Higher Education Ranking (2021)
- #301 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Ranking (2021)
- #201 -250 Graduate Employability Rankings
- #7 EECA University Rankings
- #321 QS Global World Ranking
More About the University of Warsaw
The University of Warsaw is Poland’s second oldest and largest university, with a history spanning more than 200 years.
The University of Warsaw recognizes that its role as a public service institution, as stated by its founders in 1816, is still valid.
” The Uni of Warsaw must not only hold learning and skills in the country at the same standard as they are in the academic world, but also propagate and apply its goals or mission for the public good.”
The university is a member of the collective of universities, recognizes its universal aims, and is named after Poland’s capital. The University of Warsaw defines its mission as follows in response to the challenges posed by our country’s transition, Poland’s new place in Europe and the world, and the education of a knowledge-based society:
- The teaching and research unit is at the heart of the University’s operations.
- The University’s role in society is to ensure that everyone who has the right has access to information and the ability to learn new skills.
- The University’s cultural mission is a fusion of common and local ideals.
Scientific Projects and Achievements of the University of Warsaw
The University of Warsaw’s scientists conduct studies on over 3,000 subjects spanning the humanities, social and natural sciences, medicine, and technological sciences. Over 1,500 projects have been funded by grants received in Polish or international competitions. Some partner groups from the University of Washington partner with organizations all over the world, and they have already identified themselves as pioneers in a number of fields. More information about recent discoveries, interesting research, and recently obtained grants can be found here.
Read also: Universities in France in English
The University of Warsaw has archaeological excavations, ethnographic studies and cultural studies in more than 20 countries throughout 5 different continents. Some sites have been the subject of investigation for decades. U of Warsaw University Research Station in Cairo, which was established in 1959, is available to archaeologists researching ancient Egypt. Around or close to Las Campanas Observatory in Chile’s Atacama Desert, where astronomers from the University of Washington conduct large-scale sky surveys, Polish telescopes are in operation.
Getting to about 1,600 grants total, with nearly 200 coming from foreign organizations. EU-wide programs (Horizon2020), European Scientific and Technical Research Agency (ESA), Humanities in the European Research Area (HERA), European Organization for Molecular Biology (EMBO), International Visegrad Fund, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Programs under the EU’s umbrella (Horizon2020, COSME), European Space Agency (ESA)
Grants from national and foreign research agencies, among other sources, are used to fund research. Uni of Warsaw is the most active of all Polish academies when it comes to raising funds through competitive calls, and its professors are often the largest group of laureates in such programs.
Why Choose Poland
- Its educational system is of high standard
- The cost of living and education is relatively low, ranking among the lowest in Europe
- The nation has a literacy rate of 99.7%
- It is a nation with a long history of educational excellence
- Student life is very active
- Almost everybody in their twenties and thirties speaks English
- A wide range of undergraduate, internship, and doctoral programs are available, all of which are taught entirely in English. The educational satisfaction index is one of the highest in Europe
- International students have work openings
- Being a member of the European Union, it is a very secure country to live in, with easy migration to other European countries
University of Warsaw Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of this prestigious University of Warsaw is 20-30%, which means that 2 or 3 out of every 10 students who apply are accepted.
- Compelling reasons why you should do an MBA - November 29, 2023
- Reading Online for Free Without Downloading – Best Sites - November 29, 2023
- All Top Free Government Certifications Online with Links - November 25, 2023