Study at cheap engineering universities in Germany for international students; I have reviewed cost of living in Germany, affordable tuition fees, and a number of top yet very affordable engineering schools in Germany, take your time and get all necessary information.
Education in Germany is fun for international students, do you know why? Because you will definitely get 18 months to stay after your studies and look for a job. Such long period of grace can’t be found elsewhere in the students,,
The second reason is that there are so many cheap and free tuition universities in Germany for international students, and cost of living in the country is very cheap especially if you study in these cities.
Finally, English-taught programs are increasing by the year in Germany, this attracts a lot of international students to the country. Their official language is Dutch or German. To study free in Germany, you must enroll in a public school and study your course in their local language. There are about 70 universities in Germany in which 15% of that are in top 200 in world rankings every year.
Common German words you may come across during your admission processing
- Universitat; It means a doctorate-granting institution
- Fachhochschule; It stands for professional or practical institute
- TestAS; If you are a foreign student that is not from any of the EU nations, this is an aptitude test you will write in order to be admitted to do undergraduate studies. It can be taken in many countries, twice a year and available in German and English language. It is just like any entrance examination into a higher institution.
Affordable Engineering Universities in Germany – Cost of Living
Like I said earlier, the cost of living in Germany can be very cheap depending on where you live and study. Certain cities are more expensive compared to others, I hope you read the guide above to find out more, but an estimate of 300 to 800 euros per month can take care of feeding, accommodation, utility bills, transport etc, always go out with your student ID card to get things subsidized for you.
Admission Requirements to Study at Cheap Engineering Schools in Germany
Admission requirements are usually same but some universities can be more strict than others. Some can overlook some lapses on your side while others will turn you down outrightly. Just contact your school directly to know what they want and how strict or serious it is to possess what is demanded.
But generally, especially for engineering, you will need to pass all science subjects in addition to Mathematics, and English, French or German in your high school very well for undergraduate studies, and a good first or second degree grade in a relevant field for postgraduate studies.
Other important requirements;
- English/German language proficiency Certificate
- You need to pass any entrance examination (especially for competitive courses)
- Business colleges and programs may need students to write and pass recognized tests, like GMAT or GRE, the school will specify the accepted score for the tests above
Affordable Engineering Schools in Germany – Language Requirement
For international students, you have to proof your German language competence or take one of the following language examinations and pass before you can study in German;
- German Language Proficiency Examination for Admission to Higher Education for Foreign Applicants – (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber– DSH). It can be taken at your university of choice for 6 months before you start your degree program
- Test of German as a Foreign Language for foreign applicants – (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache für ausländische Studienbewerber– TestDaF)
- If you are sure of your German language competence, you can take the test as part of entrance examination without enrolling for training, am sure you will pass
If your study language is English, then you must write and pass the TOEFL examination, Germany does not accept any other way of proofing your competence of this language unlike before. IELTS may also be considered.
Chinese students must get their documents pre-checked at their local embassy to ascertain their eligibility to study in Germany. This will speed up study visa issuance for you.
Engineering Universities in Germany – Tuition Fees
Private schools charge higher tuition in Germany, but you can study at the cheap tuition universities in Germany for international students, tuition fees can be as low as 200 to 500 euros per semester. You can study abroad free in Germany if you choose to study in German at a public school.
List of Best Cheap Engineering Universities or Schools in Germany for International Students
- Technical University of Munich
- Technische University Berlin (TU Berlin)
- Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule (RWTH) Aachen
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Universitat Stuttgart
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich
- University of Heidelberg
Last Updated on May 28, 2021 by Admin AniPlease Spread the Info