With a population of just under 40,000 inhabitants, Monaco is situated on the Mediterranean coast of France. Monaco is known for its travel, hospitality and Formula One racing competitions.
Many individuals are uncertain about Monaco’s status. Monaco is also an autonomous city-state connected to France, like San Marino, which is an independent state within Italy.
Therefore, foreign students may want to choose Monaco to gain first-hand experience of things relevant to those sectors. In reality, for business courses related to all things sports, tourism and management, the most popular university here is renowned. The MBA is ranked among the world’s best.
- Continent: Europe
- Population: 38,499 (2016) World Bank
- Currency: Euro
- Read also; 10-best-study-abroad-consultants-with-contact-information
Why you should study in Monaco
Students coming to Monaco will have the opportunity to learn about marine life studies, aside from the great opportunity to learn first-hand how a first-class tourist industry is structured and managed.
The excellent quality of tertiary education provides the student with the opportunity to learn the history of a unique and beautiful country with many natural and cultural attractions.
Cost of living in Monaco
People refer to Monaco as the ‘Playground of the Rich’. It is evident in the very high cost of living. For example, apartment rents are around 85 percent higher than in the French capital, Paris.
And the rate of rent is around 76 percent higher in Monaco compared to London in the UK. And don’t forget that one of the most expensive towns to live in is London. As far as the cost of living is concerned, this places Monaco in a different class.
The very high standard of living is followed by the cost of living. And they will enjoy a quality of life fit for royalty for those who can afford to rent a room in Monaco.
Students can commute to school from outside Monaco, however. The community of Beausoleil, for example, is just around a five-minute drive from Monaco.
Therefore if financial restrictions are not the least of your worries, staying in Monaco is out of the question.
Tuition Fees in Monaco
The tuition fees at Monaco’s tertiary institutions are also very high relative to other European countries, in line with the high cost of living.
In Monaco, tuition fees differ depending on the school, program and whether the student is an international student or not. However on average tuition begins at around $8,000 per academic session.
For undergraduate classes, the International University of Monaco charges an average of about EUR 10,500 per session.
Student Visa to Study in Monaco
You’d need to study in Monaco using a visa. There is however a distinction between the visa conditions for living in Monaco and living in France.
You need to go to the online visa application portal to get a student visa to live in Monaco. Next, follow these steps.
Monaco Student Visa Application Procedure
You need to go to the online visa application portal to get a student visa to live in Monaco. Next, follow these steps;
- To get an English version, English speakers can click on the British flag,
- The ‘Visit France’ collection
- Next, choose ‘where can I apply’
- Choose your country and the French embassy closest to you.
- Tap ‘Section Visa’
- Choose ‘Monaco Visa’ and ‘Long Stay Student’ then
- Download and fill out the application form, then
Required documents for Visa
- Proof of adequate funds in order to live in Monaco
- The last two years of the police record
- Proof that you have somewhere to stay in Monaco
- Passport valid
- Certificate of Birth and Certificate of Marriage (if applicable)
- University Letter of Acceptance.
- Insurance for medical reasons
- 4 images of passport scale
- Submission of finished form
Put it together in a file with all the required documents after filling out the form and send it to the French embassy near you.
Residency Visa and Requirements
When they arrive in Monaco, all foreign students must also apply for a residency visa. You may receive a citizenship visa from the Police Centre in Monaco.
Ask for an official file and a date at the Police Centre to meet with the visa officer who will direct you through the process of getting your residency visa.
To get a residency visit, the following papers are required:
- All the documents required for a student study visa (above)
- Your Monaco visa
- Student card
- Passport photographs
Students living in France
You must get a long-term visitor visa called VLS-TS if you wish to live in France while studying in Monaco. For one year it is true.
Cheap Monaco Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions for International Students
- The premier tertiary institution in Monaco is the International University of Monaco. The University offers entrepreneurship and business management undergraduate and graduate programs. Because of its excellent MBA program, the university is popular around the world.
- Charles III College, Monaco
- University of Southern Europe, Monaco
- Technical Lycee of Monte Carlo focuses on hotel management, specialized education, and business
Last Updated on June 16, 2021 by Admin AniSharing means caring😉