We will consider the low tuition universities in the US for international students both public and private, tuition fees, cost of living in the US for foreign students, Admission requirement and the application process.
The reason we have listed the low tuition universities in the United States, tuition fees, living costs, how to apply and admission requirements. You may apply for undergraduate or master’s studies.
But before that, remember that the United States is a nation in North America that has over 4,000 higher education institutions, of which about 45 are ranked among the top 100 universities in the rankings of world universities.
Affordable Tuition Fees in USA
In the United States, tuition fees are among the world’s most expensive cost of studying abroad. The cost of a year’s tuition, which does not include living expenses, differs from one program to another and ranges from $5,000 to $50,000.
But it could cost more a year for courses such as MBA, medical, and some other advanced programs. In addition, it is notable that private institutions charge higher tuition rates than public or community institutions.
Cost of Living in the US
In contrast to other developed countries, the cost of living in the USA is very high. This is attributable to the high standard of living fortified by new technologies and services.
International students preparing to study in the United States should recognize that the country that is a cynosure is going to other underdeveloped or emerging countries in the world.
The U.S. Dollar ($) is the currency used. It can be estimated that living costs are in the range of $700 to $1000 a month. This relies on two key frames: your place and your habit of spending.
How to Apply
It’s hectic and competitive to apply to US universities as many students also apply. To sail through, you have to have high grade results. It is strongly recommended to look out how to apply from the university where you want to study your degree.
This can be done via the website of the institution. But to make this easier for our readers, a little guide to get them started below is available;
- To secure admission in the top and high-ranking institutions in USA you must have good grades, reliable financial support: parents, guardian, self-sponsored, achieving scholarships or merit based financial aids. Also, you must have good command over the English language.
The Common Application
You can request assistance through the Common Application if you do not want to do it yourself. The Popular Application is a non-profit organization that provides students with an admission service. Students may use the same form to apply to all of the members of the Common Application Institution.
Before thinking of applying to US universities, below is what you must have. Endeavour to closely observe them;
Most US universities require TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) for foreign students (IELTS and PTE may be approved by some universities in America) and GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for both national and international students).
There are several universities in the United States where TOEFL is not mandatory. Even for countries (UK, Australia and Canada) whose native language is English, TOEFL is not required. Letter of recommendation (sealed), copies of official transcripts (sealed) must be shown.
If you are a student, you will obtain two letters from current employers, but letters from professors are typically preferred. You need a statement of intent to be submitted.
For admission to the US Master’s program (Graduate Program), many universities need a 3/4 GPA for undergraduates (BS or bachelor’s degree) (US system). 80/100, 12/20* (China) and 1st division, 65 percent * can be compared to this grade ( for most Indian Universities).
Most universities demand TOEFL from students where English or GRE is not the native language (or GMAT for MBA). Fees for applications (non-refundable) could range from $20 to $150.
Deadlines for Applying to Cheap Universities in USA for International Students
The time period for the fall semester extends from 15 December to July. But it’s much earlier you should submit. As a foreign student, the results can take up to 8 weeks, whereas national students can hear in 5 weeks’ time depending on the university/program.
List of Cheap Public and Private Universities in USA for International Students
There are over 4,000 U.S. universities and colleges. So you’ve got to pick from a wide variety of institutions. Many of these universities are ranked among the top 100 best universities in the world.
- Stanford University
- University of California-Los Angeles
- Yale University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Cornell University
- Harvard University
- California Institute of Technology
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of California-Berkeley
- University of Southern California
- Dartmouth College
- Duke University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Princeton University
- Columbia University in the City of New York
- Brandeis University
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Rutgers University-New Brunswick
- New York University
- College of William and Mary
- Purdue University-Main Campus
- Washington University in St Louis
- Wake Forest University
- Tufts University
- University of California-Irvine
- Boston College
- Tulane University of Louisiana
- Michigan State University
- University of California-Santa Cruz
- University of Iowa
- Northeastern University Boston
- University of California-Davis
- Lehigh University
- University of Florida
- Colorado School of Mines
- George Washington University
- University of Miami
- University of Connecticut
- University of California-Riverside
- Boston University
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth North Dartmouth
- Yeshiva University
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Iowa State University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Texas A & M University
- Ohio State University-Main Campus
- Northwestern University
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- University of California-San Francisco
- University of California-Santa Barbara
- University of Chicago
- University of California-San Diego
- North Carolina State University at Raleigh
- University of Maryland-College Park
- Rice University
- Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus
- Brown University
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Virginia-Main Campus
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Emory University
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- University of Rochester
- Case Western Reserve University
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus
- Georgetown University
- Compelling reasons why you should do an MBA - November 29, 2023
- Reading Online for Free Without Downloading – Best Sites - November 29, 2023
- All Top Free Government Certifications Online with Links - November 25, 2023