Study abroad in Thailand, there are many cheap universities in Thailand for international students. Check out tuition fees, living expenses, admission requirements, study visa and admission procedures. The tuition rates are very low and affordable in Thailand.
University services are now accredited and internationally recognised. Thailand is located next to the Indochinese peninsula in Southeast Asia. In terms of population, it is a relatively large nation. The capital city is Bangkok.
About the Country Thailand
Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia. It is renowned for its tropical beaches, lavish royal palaces, ancient ruins and ornate temples showing Buddha figures. Next to peaceful canal side communities and the famous temples of Wat Arun, Wat Pho and the Emerald Buddha Temple (Wat Phra Kaew), an ultramodern cityscape grows in Bangkok, the capital. Beach resorts nearby include busy Pattaya and trendy Hua Hin.
- Capital: Bangkok
- Dialling code: +66
- Currency: Thai baht
- Official language: Thai
Reasons you should study abroad in Thailand as an international student
- Approximately 400 master’s degree programs in the country are focused and taught in English to foreign students.
- In Thailand, several institutions of higher education and colleges are highly regarded internationally.
- Thailand has a community that is very diverse and accessible.
- The incredible, rich natural ecosystem that is the world’s second most famous. It is what makes the country one of the world’s top centers of nature tourism.
- Exotic foodstuffs.
- Transport system is developed.
- As almost all indigenous Thais are Buddhist, studying abroad in Thailand is a chance to learn more about the fascinating ancient religion.
- Thailand’s people are so welcoming to foreigners. The list is infinite.
Application Process and Study Visa
International students need a visa to study in Thailand, but the school that the student plans to attend can help with the paperwork in many cases. Students must get an Education Visa (Non-Immigrant ED Visa) from the Thai embassy or consulate in their home country before arriving in Thailand.
You will be required to apply for a 90-day non-immigrant education visa from your home country if you are preparing to study in Thailand for one semester or more. At official immigration offices in Thailand, this type can be renewed and extended for up to a year.
THB 1,900 (about $60) is the visa fee. Students must notify the Immigration Office of their current address every 90 days after receiving the visa; missing that notification results in a fine of THB 2,000.
You must have obtained admission to a selected program at an accredited Thai university to apply for a visa before leaving. Similarly, along with the documents below, you will be required to show your letter of acceptance;
- application form
- a valid passport
- passport photos
- and evidence of sufficient finances (20,000 baht –$360 – per person)
Students are also required to show that during their studies, they have adequate finances to reside in Thailand. Single students must show that they have THB 20,000 (about $650) and THB 40,000 (about $1300) must be available to students with families.
If you need to know more about how to get a student visa to Thailand, pay a fee, contact your country’s Thai embassy or consulate.
Cost of Living in Thailand
Thailand’s cost of living is very low and affordable. But this really depends on the student’s lifestyle and spending habits. You might be interested to know that it is possible to rent small apartments for about $60 to $215 a month. International students can also expect to pay only about $30 for food each month.
It is very important to note that the cost of living varies widely, depending on whether you live in or near a city. In the city of Bangkok, one month’s rent can cost as much as 14,000 baht ($430), while living outside the city will cost about half this amount, about 7,400 baht ($230).
Students in a shared apartment will testify that they will cut expenditure again. Food is another inexpensive pleasure in Thailand. A meal at a low-cost restaurant will cost about 60 baht (less than $2), while a full-blown three-course meal for two will cost about 600 baht ($18) at a mid-range restaurant.
You will be exposed to a complex health care system in Thailand that includes government health services, non-governmental organizations and private medical services. Generally, Thai citizens in possession of a Universal Coverage Health Card receive free medical services.
All others, however are required to pay for services, whether obtained at public or private facilities. Before arriving in Thailand, students should obtain health insurance in their home country, as many private hospitals will not treat patients without proof of health insurance.
School Fees in Thailand and Program Duration
Across universities and programs, tuition and fees vary. Tuition at public universities for master’s degree programs is usually about $1,000 (US to $2,000 (US) per year. Tuition is about $75 (US to $125 (US) per credit hour at private universities.
In general, Master’s programs require two years and 36 credit hours to finish. Each semester, students normally earn 9-15 credit hours.
Two 16-week semesters and a summer session make up the academic year at most schools. The first semester runs from June to October, the second from November to March, and the summer from April to May.
The Western semester calendar of September through December and January through May is used by some universities, and some universities use trimesters.
Study Abroad in Thailand; List of Cheap Universities in Thailand for International Students
- Kalasin University
- Maejo University
- Mahasarakham University
- Nakhon Phanom University
- Naresuan University
- National Institute of Development Administration
- Pathumwan Institute of Technology
- Prince of Songkla University
- Princess of Naradhiwas University
- Ramkhamhaeng University
- Silpakorn University
- Srinakharinwirot University
- Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
- Ubon Ratchathani University
- Burapha University
- Chiang Mai University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Chulabhorn Royal Academy of Science
- Kasetsart University
- Khon Kaen University
- King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
- Mae Fah Luang University
- Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
- Mahamakut Buddhist University
- Mahidol University
- Navamindradhiraj University
- University of Phayao
- Princess Galyani Vadhana Institute of Music
- Suan Dusit University
- Suranaree University of Technology
- Thaksin University
- Thammasat University
- Walailak University
- Popular Free Online Management Courses with Certificates - May 27, 2023
- Environmental Management Courses Online – Free and Paid - May 27, 2023
- Best Free Online Chemistry Courses With Certificates - May 27, 2023