Discover all you need to know about american military University – amu including tuition fees and aids, admission requirements, programs, accreditation and so on.
Established in the year 1991 by a military officer that had retired from service, AMU is proud to claim the availability of 190+ degrees and certificate courses; and the university’s bachelor’s programs that were rated by US News & World Report as some of the top online degree programs for the 6th consecutive year. AMU is recognized by the HIgher Learning Commission (HLC) as a associate of the certified American Public College.
Educating those who serve. Along with a strong army heritage, American Army University (AMU) trains those in the military, defense, nationwide security, public security, and related areas.
This school is glad to be the number one supplier of higher schooling for their US Equipped Forces as documented by “Military Times” (August 2014).
It is an online college with boots on the floor at military installation around the country. AMU representatives have a deep understanding of the army world plus they remain ready to discuss students’ options. AMU is committed to serving, whether students are serving, making a transition, or mission-driven civilians.
American Military University; Tuition, Ranking, Accreditation, Requirements and Programs
American Military University Accreditation
AMU is a division of the United states Public University Program (APUS), which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission rate (HLC) (www.hlcommission.org).
HLC accredits degree-granting organizations positioned in a 19-state region, and is identified by the US Department of Education (ED) and the Council for Advanced schooling Accreditation (CHEA). Universities such as The Ohio College, University of Chi town and the US Air Force.
American Military College Online Programs
- American Military History
- BA in History
- BS Business Management and Leadership
- BS: Information Technology-general
- Bachelors of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Business Administration
- Child and Family Development
- Environmental Studies
- Homeland Security
- Information Systems Security
- Information Technology Management
- Intelligence Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Relations
- Legal Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Political Science
- Transportation and Logistics Management
High quality graduate education that has online flexibility structure.
These graduate programs offered online are developed with input from industry advisors to bring you relevant curriculum in the most popular fields. Online-taught courses are delivered by qualified professionals that apply real world experience and drive in the classroom.
American Military University Master’s Programs
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency Management and Disaster Planning
- Environmental Policy and Management
- Intelligence Studies
- Master of Arts In Military Studies
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Intelligence Studies
- Military History
- Military History
- National Security Studies
- Security Management
- Space Studies
How to Apply for Admission
Select a Program
Make a choice of program out of 200+ degrees and certificates. Use their program finder to compare programs or give us a call for help if you’re not sure which program is right for you.
Apply on the internet
There is no charge to use. Our own easy online software takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
Total Admissions Requirements
After you submit your software, an admissions representative will walk you through the follow-up steps you need to get started.
Register for Courses
Their classes start monthly, so you can start soon after being admitted to the university.
American Military University Requirements
All International Students
If you live in the U. H., you are required to hold and submit documentation of the current U. H. residency card, appropriate current visa, or Social Security Quantity.
Depending on your country of nationality, you could be required to provide documentation of English proficiency.
Because they are an online university, you will need to have regular access to a computer and a stable Internet connection in order to complete the online coursework.
For degree programs, if you have earned university credits at a CHEA accredited institution or from a member university of Universities Canada (formerly the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada), you will be required to submit our transfer credit assessment (TCE) application when you apply.
If you have earned university credit from a non-accredited institution, you have the option to have your transcripts evaluated for US equivalency by a university-approved agency and can prefer to tender a TCE to earn likely transfer credit.
To take individual courses in charge of transfer somewhere else, booking “Non-Degree-Seeking” on the admissions program.
Undergraduate Student Admissions
Choosing the right degree is your first step to an effective academic experience. Should you be like many students who arrive here uncertain of which program to choose, you are not alone. Their particular admissions representatives can help you get this to important decision.
Specifications for all Undergrad Learners
You must have at minimum a high college diploma or comparative (i. e. GED) to utilize to the university. (Current high school students can request dual registration before earning their diplomas).
For those who have not previously gained college-level academic credit, you must publish proof of high school completion when you apply at the university.
You might be questioned to complete their College Readiness Evaluation. If you have previously earned 9+ hours of school credit, please contact them about waiving this requirement.
When you are a transfer student, you will be questioned to submit your transcripts from every other schools where you earned college-level educational credit.
Do you intend taking courses here for personal knowledge or to transfer to universities, please choose “Non Degree Seeking” on the admissions application.
You will be asked to submit a clear and consise color copy of your valid government-issued image ID before registering for classes.
Military undergraduate students will submit a government issued JST or CCAF records.
Graduate Student Entrance Requirements
You can desire a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution whose certification is identified by the Council for Increased Education Accreditation (CHEA).
If you have a non-U. T. transcript, booking their international admissions web page for more information.
You may be asked to submit a legible color copy of your valid government-issued picture ID. Military students, except Air flow Force, can post a government issued JST transcript.
American Military University College tuition and Aids
Military Tuition Assistance
These people have been teaching those who serve™ since 1991, and are a top provider of schooling to the U. S. military today. They may be as dedicated to helping you pay for school as they are to helping you start and finish it. Here are only a few ways they support their military-affiliated students;
- Lower tuition rates to help limit your out-of-pocket costs over and above military tuition help (TA).
- An expenses grant made to cover our undergraduate expenses at $250/credit human resources and graduate expenditures at $325/credit human resources for US active-duty service members plus their spouses/dependents, Protect, Reserve, and experienced.
- Technology service fees protected by scholarships regarding active-duty service-members plus for Safeguard plus Reserve employees when you use military TA.
- Textbooks and/or e-books provided at no cost to students making undergraduate academic credit score, without impact on military KONSTRUERA or even other financial help.
- Achievable transfer credit for the military lessons including CCAF, JST, DANTES, METC, plus ACE-evaluated training.
- Add-on within the DANTES List of Country wide plus Regionally.
- Certified Range Learning Applications; On-line support groups plus military education and learning planners located at bottom installations across the nation.
American Military University Address
Mon – Fri: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET
Sat – Sun: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
For more information on tuition and aids, specific course requirements, how to apply and other relevant questions, please visit their official webpage through – wwamuapusedu.
- Affordable Medical Schools and Universities in Canada with Tuition Fees - June 27, 2022
- 2 Week Certification Programs Online or In Person - June 20, 2022
- How do paraphrasing tools assist Research Students? - June 13, 2022