Find out all the logical and important questions to ask your pastor at different occasions. We have leadership, interview, and even critical biblical questions. We’ve compiled a list of questions to ask your pastor, either ones you’ve always wanted to ask or issues you’re stumped on. This post will provide you with some questions to ask your pastor.
Pastors are religious leaders that oversee a Christian congregation while also guiding and counseling members of the Christian community. Pastors instruct their congregations on biblical principles and assist them in staying on the correct track.
Pastors are also considered as leaders, and a community may have at least one pastor who is helping people grow spiritually. Pastoring is a difficult job, as many people depend to them for spiritual and even physical advice.
Being looked up to is a challenging duty, but these pastors have taken it upon themselves to take on this role. As a result, because so many people look up to them, they must not go astray in order to avoid discouraging members.
Pastors are always solid in their beliefs and the words they preach to their congregation. It is a “tasky” job, but it is one that must be done; you must be available to your members at all times, aiding them in any manner possible.
If you are a religious person, especially a Christian, you look up to your pastor as a leader because that is exactly what he or she is. It’s also not new information, so you’re probably intrigued about them and have some questions for them.
There’s nothing to be embarrassed about in this post; it’s primary purpose is to offer you things to ask your pastor. Asking questions can help you learn more, open your mind more, and most importantly, discover more about your pastor as a person who does more than stand on the podium and speak to you.
How do you ask your pastor these questions?
It is entirely up to you and how eager you are to question your pastor and obtain answers, but you must proceed slowly and do not hurry them.
You can either book a private appointment with your pastor to ask these questions, or you can take advantage of a study group hosted by your pastor to ask them whatever questions you’d like to know about them.
Questions to ask your Pastor at Different Occasion
A list of questions to ask your pastor is provided below;
- What do pastors do during the week?
- How much are pastors paid?
- What is the hardest part of pastoral ministry?
- What is a pastor’s marriage like?
- When pastors are together, what do they talk about?
- Who do pastors hang out with?
- As a church member, what can we do to encourage and support our pastors?
- As a pastor, how many times have you wanted to quit your ministerial work?
- Which ministry moves have you made which you regret?
- What has been your secret to avoid falling?
- What are the biggest mistakes you’ve made in the ministry?
- What are your biggest joy in the ministry?
- Would your spouse say you’ve placed them above ministerial work?
- What strategy do you employ for constant bible reading and praying?
- What’s been your “secret” to avoid falling?
- Knowing the things you know now, what would you say to yourself when you initially started pastoral work?
- Aside the bible, what other book has most influenced your life?
- What are your plans for expanding the ministry?
- How have you kept intentional evangelism in your life?
- When did you realize you’ve been called to ministry, and why as a pastor or leader?
- What is a God story to tell others to encourage them?
- Who is your favorite theologian and why?
- What is your definition of the ministry? Leadership?
- How did you come to God?
- If there was ever anyone in your team or congregation not living in accordance to biblical scripture, how did you handle them?
- How are you able to balance self-needs, family-need, and congregational-needs in your life?
- What is your view on atheist or non-believers?
- What experience have you gained in working and leading a church?
- What is your system of preparing for a sermon?
- What do you think our church needs most?
You can start with these 30 questions to ask your pastor and move on to the others once you’ve finished this section and received a suitable response.
20 Bible Questions to Ask your Pastor
The more you read the Bible, the more questions you’ll have, and you’ll need to confront them and have solutions.
- Read also; Theology Scholarships in Canada
How do you do that?
Write the questions down or print them out and give them to your pastor; he or she is the closest person to you and knows a lot more about the Bible than you do. This will assist you in removing the ambiguity and arriving at a solution.
We’ve assembled a list of bible questions to ask your pastor in this post. Some of the questions you already had in mind may be there, as well as a number of new ones.
- If God is an all-loving being, why does he allow suffering, pain, and all kinds of evil?
- Can the trinity be proven in the bible?
- In the bible, where does it say people will go to heaven when they die?
- What is the Christ church built?
- What does the 10 commandments teach us?
- Why did God create hell and send sinners, who are also his children, there?
- Don’t all religions teach the same?
- How is Jesus the only way to heaven?
- What is the Apocrypha?
- What is the purpose of baptism? Does it really save me?
- What is the trinity?
- Why does Jesus need to be born?
- Why did God cast Satan down to heaven when is isn’t our fault he rebelled?
- Why has God not shown himself physically?
- Did Jesus have any sibling?
- The resurrection of Lazarus and other miracles done by Jesus why aren’t there proofs?
- How did all the millions of species fit into Noah’s ark?
- Who are the parents of Joseph, the father of Jesus?
- How did the Holy Spirit impregnate Virgin Mary?
- What are the names of Mary’s siblings?
These are the bible questions to ask your pastor; you can print it off or bookmark the page for quick reference and bring the questions up in a one-on-one meeting with your pastor or a bible study group with your pastor.
15 Questions to ask your Pastor about Leadership
Questions to ask your pastor about leadership are listed below;
- As a pastor, what book has had the greatest impact on your understanding of leadership?
- Which historical leaders influenced you the most?
- What current leader influences you now?
- What other systems of leadership to look to learn from?
- What are your main leadership goals?
- How do you design and hold meetings?
- What apps, software, technologies, etc. helps you the most?
- Do you have any plans to create leaders from your congregation or community?
- How do you settle disputes in your congregation?
- How do you admit and fix a problem in your leadership?
- Is your ministry accomplishing one of the church’s value?
- Is the ministry led by the right people?
- What do you need to do to move your ministry forward?
- What is the vision, aim, or goal of your ministry?
- How do you train and motivate people for personal evangelism?
These are the leadership questions to ask your pastor, which should be done in a one-on-one meeting with him.
30 Questions to ask a Pastor about Relationship
The following are some relationship-related questions to ask a pastor;
- Is my partner Godly enough?
- In a Christian dating, is there anything like “too fast?”
- Is my church supposed to help me get married?
- Should I date a Godly man or woman I do not find attractive?
- What are the keys to sexual purity in dating?
- What hope does God offer lonely singles?
- When should a single stop dating?
- After satisfying all the parameters of the bible, is it possible to still choose the wrong partner?
- What kind of “work” makes marriage successful?
- What guidelines does the bible offer for the physical relationship in marriage?
- How does one overcome negative thoughts or feelings about one’s spouse?
- How should a husband and wife react to family decisions that turn out to be wrong?
- Where can we find good role models of love and leadership?
- Are there situations in which it will be difficult or even impossible to forgive?
- Is it right for a Christian to date or marry a non-Christian?
- What does the bible say about premarital sex and sex before marriage?
- What does the bible say about courting or dating?
- Should a Christian use a dating service to find a spouse?
- What does the bible say about flirting?
- Is born again virginity possible?
- Can Christian teens date?
- Is it okay to have premarital sex since you are going to marry the person anyways?
- Is it wrong for a couple to live together before they are married?
- What does the bible say about engagement?
- Why is virginity so important in the bible?
- Should Christians of different denominations get married?
- What does the bible say about interracial marriages?
- What is the Christian view about romance?
- What does the bible say about estrangements?
- Is the age of consent a biblical one?
These are the relationship questions you should ask your pastor or any pastor at that.
25 Questions to ask in an Interview?
Before a person is employed, every firm requires an interview. The purpose of the interview is to further test your IQ and ensure that you are a good fit for the job position or role you have applied for. Interviews are supposed to be like dialogues in which you ask questions to learn more about the position and the organization for which you applied.
If this is your first interview, read through this page to learn about the kind of questions to ask in an interview; yes, you are expected to ask questions.
- What will my first week at work look like?
- What does the company want me to fulfil on this position
- How does the company culture affect the position?
- What is your team’s biggest accomplishment?
- Why are you working in this industry?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- How does my position in this company contribute to the team’s success?
- Can you offer specific details about the position’s daily responsibilities?
- How do the leaders of this company set employees up for success?
- How does management deliver negative feedback to employees?
- What is the work culture in this company like?
- What is the company’s mission statement?
- What are the company’s biggest problem and how are they solving them?
- How often are employees performance evaluated?
- What are your views on goals, timelines, and measuring success?
- How are employees recognized for their hard work?
- How competitive are your employees?
- Tell me about the team I’ll be working with?
- What type of mentor system do you have in place?
- At this company, what does it take to be a top performer?
- What are the available advancement opportunities?
- How do leaders promote employee growth and success?
- Why do most employees leave the company?
- What sort of budget will be working with?
- Is this a new or existing role?
- Can you show me examples of projects I’ll be working with?
- How will I be trained?
- Would I be able to represent the company at industry conferences?
- The employees previously in this position, where have they progressed to?
- Has your role changed since you’ve been with the company?
- How long have you been with the company?
- What’s your favorite part about working here?
- What can you tell me about the company’s new products or plans for growth?
- Whom will I be working more closely with?
- What career paths are more common in this department?
- In the next six months, do you expect to hire more people in this department?
- What is your favorite office tradition?
- What are the next steps in the interview process?
- Is there anything about my background that makes me fit for this role?
- Can I answer any final questions for you?
So, these are the interview questions you should ask during an interview, and they’re not difficult to recall. You can print it off and bring it with you to the interview.
- Read also; Bible Trivia Hard Questions
12 Questions to Ask Senior Pastors
Is your church looking for a pastoral candidate and has given you permission to question and interview these pastors? Here are some questions to ask senior pastors who are interested in taking on pastoral responsibilities at your church.
- What do you like about this church?
- How do you think the community perceive you?
- What is your strategy for enforcing discipline among members?
- How are leaders being developed through the church?
- What opportunity is the biggest to use in reaching the community?
- What attracted you to this church?
- In your opinion what makes a great sermon?
- If this church does not select you, where would you go?
- What would be your goal for this church?
- What do you know about our church?
- How does your former pastoral experiences directly relate to the environment you would be in at this church?
- What idea did you have for your formal church but didn’t implement and would like to try out here in our church?
The list of questions to ask senior pastors, as well as the overall topic of questions to ask your pastor, comes to an end here. To avoid confusion, each of the subheadings has a different purpose; do not mix them up. Take them one by one and one step at a time for greater outcomes; they’re all designed to gradually enlighten you.
- 2 Year Nursing Degree in Philippines – Where to Apply - March 21, 2023
- List of Universities in Scotland for International Students – Top & Affordable - March 21, 2023
- Best Medical Schools in Argentina, Very Affordable - March 15, 2023