Here are bible trivia hard questions and answers that can help you understand the Bible better and clarify certain biblical events that may have been confusing you.
The Bible is the most popular historical book ever produced and is the sacred book of Christians. It covers many historical events dating back over 3,000 years. It also contains messages from ancient prophets, God, Jesus Christ, and many of His apostles.
Adults and youngsters alike must have awareness of the book’s content because it contains ancient recordings and is very essential to Christians.
Due to the many distractions, it is easy to forget the information, which is why we have prepared these difficult bible trivia questions and answers for you to refresh your memory and learn more.
If you think you know the Bible well enough, we challenge you to put your knowledge to the test by answering the over 250 difficult bible trivia questions and answers in this post.
It’s also an excellent way for Christians to learn about the bible, study it, and gain understanding of it to share with others.
The bible trivia hard questions and answers are intended for use in both group (friends and family) and solo bible studies. It can be used in Sunday school to teach children about the Christian faith and to help them better grasp it.
The hard bible trivia questions and answers aren’t just for Christians or churches; if you’re merely inquisitive about the bible and Christian faith, you’ll find the hard bible trivia questions and answers useful.
It can also be utilized for study if you’re considering entering the ministry or doing humanitarian work. You might also use them to motivate and teach members in bible study or Sunday school sessions by using them as a quiz.
If you’re new to this Christian-bible thing, you might not even know what some of the difficult bible trivia questions and answers represent.
So, for the interest of clarity and to encourage you to study more, we’ve answered some of the questions that may be perplexing you below:
Frequently Asked Questions on Bible Trivia Hard Questions
What are bible trivia questions?
Bible trivia questions are questions or pieces of information from the Bible that are thought to be of little significance yet actually include obscure facts.
Are bible questions hard?
The difficulty of Bible questions often ranges from easy to medium for children and teenagers to tough for adults. If you’re new to learning and understanding Christianity, you might want to start with the basics and work your way up to get the necessary foundational information.
If you are already a member of the faith, stick to the difficulty level stated, but you may always try harder or put your knowledge to the test by choosing a level higher than yours.
So, whether or not bible questions are difficult depends on your level of Christian knowledge and the level of biblical questions you choose to learn.
How do I create bible trivia questions and answers?
To begin, you must first learn your way around the bible, after which you must undertake research to find trivia questions and create answers to them. You’ll need a notepad for this since you’ll need to jot down the trivia questions and their answers.
After that, you should print it out or upload it to your blog, if you have one, so that others can benefit from it, as this is the major objective of producing bible trivia questions and answers.
Now that we’ve gotten those out of the way and clarified things, it’s time to get down to business. Learning the difficult trivia questions and answers, as well as how they can assist you in spiritual growth and knowledge empowerment.
Bible Trivia Hard Questions and Answers
Here are over 250 difficult bible trivia questions and answers; go ahead and put your biblical knowledge to the test.
- Question: How many baskets were leftover after Jesus fed the 5,000 – Answer: 12
- Question: The high priest of Jerusalem that put Jesus on trial, what was his name – Answer: Caiaphas
- Question: According to the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus’ first public sermon happened where? – Answer: On the mount
- Question: Who were the first apostles Jesus called to follow him? – Answer: Peter and Andrew
- Question: Paul is from what tribe? – Answer: Benjamin
- Question: How many people entered Noah’s ark? – Answer: Eight
- Question: What did Joshua command to stay still? – Answer: The sun and the moon
- Question: Who let the Israelites return to their homeland? – Answer: Cyrus.
- Question: How many plagues are in Exodus? – Answer: 10
- Question: What is the longest chapter of the bible? – Answer: Psalm 119
- Question: The first murderer in the bible is who? – Answer: Cain
- Question: Which place is called “Zion” and “the city of David” – Answer: Jerusalem
- Question: Who took Judas Iscariot’s place as a disciple? – Answer: Matthias
- Question: What area of Palestine did the tribe of Judah lived after the exile? – Answer: Judea
- Question: Jesus rose from the dead on what day? – Answer: Third day
- Question: Which group was the ruling council of the Jews that plotted Jesus’ death? – Answer: The Sanhedrin
- Question: How many sections and divisions does the bible have? – Answer: 8
- Question: Which two rivers border Eden in modern-day Iraq? – Answer: Tigress and Euphrates
- Question: The Trinity was revealed when? – Answer: At Jesus’ baptism
- Question: Moses received the commandments at which mountain – Answer: Mount Sinai
- Question: Jesus’ meeting of a woman at Jacob’s well was in which town? – Answer: Sychar
- Question: Who crafted an idol for the Israelites to worship while Moses was away? – Answer: Aaron
- Question: What idol did Aaron craft for the Israelites to worship – Answer: The Golden Calf
- Question: Apostle Paul wrote how many books? – Answer: 13
- Question: How was Jezebel killed? – Answer: Thrown out of her window
- Question: Ahab had how many sons in Samaria? – Answer: 70
- Question: Sarah, the wife of Abraham, lived how many years? – Answer: 127
- Question: What is the name of the well Abraham and Abimelech fought over? – Answer: Beersheba
- Question: In the Song of Songs, how much is the bride’s dowry? – Answer: 1,000 silver pieces
- Question: Paul was warned of the plot against him by who? – Answer: His nephew
- Question: What is the name of David’s chief counselor – Answer: Ahithophel
- Question: Who was the queen that crowned Esther as queen? – Answer: Ahasuerus
- Question: To create the plague of frogs, who stretched his rod over the waters of Egypt? – Answer: Aaron
- Question: What are the names of the three sons of Adam and Eve? – Answer: Cain, Abel, and Seth
- Question: What was God’s sign to Noah that he would never destroy the earth again? – Answer: A rainbow
- Question: Through what did God speak to Moses in the desert? – Answer: A burning bush.
- Question: What is the bible’s shortest verse? – Answer: Jesus wept – John 11:35
- Question: Jesus rose back to life on which day of the week? – Answer: Sunday
- Question: Did Jesus write any book directly – Answer: No
- Question: What were men trying to do at the Tower of Babel? – Answer: Build a tower to reach Heaven
- Question: How many of Jesus’ brothers are named in the Bible? – Answer: Four
- Question: Is Jesus’s sister ever named in the Bible? – Answer: No.
- Question: Who was Jesus’ most famous cousin? – Answer: John the Baptist
- Question: Who was the enemy who took the Ark of the Covenant? – Answer: Philistines.
- Question: What happened to the idol which was beside the Ark in the enemy’s temple? – Answer: It fell over and broke
- Question: Name one of Jesus’s brothers. – Answer: James, Joseph, Simon, or Judas
- Question: David wrote the entire book of Psalms. True or False – Answer: False. The Psalms are a collection by many writers, but David contributed the most.
- Question: In what language was most of the Old Testament given? – Answer: Hebrew.
- Question: In what language was most of the New Testament given? – Answer: Greek.
- Question: Which human author wrote the most books? – Answer: Paul wrote 13 books.
- Question: Which human author wrote the most words in the Bible? – Answer: Moses wrote 125,139 words.
- Question: What was most likely the first Gospel written? – Answer: Mark.
- Question: Who were Noah’s three sons? – Answer: Shem, Ham, Japheth.
- Question: What was the name of Abram’s handmaid? – Answer: Hagar.
- Question: When the Israelites were in the desert hungry, what did God send to feed them? – Answer: Quail and manna.
- Question: The spies sent into the land of Canaan, what did they see that made them scared? – Answer: Giants
- Question: Who were the only two Israelites allowed to go into the Promised Land after many years? – Answer: Joshua and Caleb
- Question: King Solomon wrote which books of the bible? – Answer: Songs of Solomon, Proverbs, and some Psalms
- Question: When Saul conquered the Amalekites, what person did he keep as a prisoner instead of killing as God said to? – Answer: The king, Agag.
- Question: Which books of the Bible record all the kings? – Answer: 1st and 2nd Kings, 1st and 2nd Chronicles
- Question: How many kings of Judah were there? – Answer: 20
- Question: How many kings of Israel were there? – Answer: 19.
- Question: Who conquered Judah and took Daniel to their country? – Answer: The Babylonians.
- Question: Who was the last king Daniel served under in the Bible? – Answer: King Nebuchadnezzar’s.
- Question: What happened to the kingdom after Solomon’s rule? – Answer: Darius
- Question: What were the names of Daniel’s three friends – Answer: Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego.
- Question: When they refused to bow to an idol, where were they thrown? – Answer: Into a fiery furnace.
- Question: What was the name of the demon Jesus cast out of a man in the Gerasenes? – Answer: Legion.
- Question: How many people saw Jesus after he came back from the dead? – Answer: Over 500 people
- Question: What was Paul’s other name? – Answer: Saul of Tarsus
- Question: While on the road to Gaza, an apostle shared the Gospel with an Ethiopian officer what is the apostle’s name? – Answer: Philip.
- Question: Peter raised a woman named Dorcas from the dead. True or False? – Answer: True.
- Question: Where did Peter stay during his ministry in the city of Joppa? – Answer: In the house of Simon the tanner.
- Question: What did Peter’s vision about the unclean animals mean? – Answer: That all people can be made clean through Jesus.
- Question: Which two birds did Noah send out of the ark as messengers? – Answer: Raven and dove
- Question: Lebanon was popular for which kind of tree? – Answer: Cedar tree
- Question: In what manner did Stephen die? – Answer: He was stoned to death
- Question: What illness was Mephibosheth suffering from? – Answer: He was lame
- Question: The names of Abraham’s brothers were? – Answer: Haran and Nahor
- Question: At the time of Jesus’ birth, which roman was in charge of cultivation at Syria? – Answer: Cyrenius
- Question: Apostle Paul on the Areopagus or the execution of Jacob, which happened first? – Answer: The execution of Jacob
- Question: Who was Bernice – Answer: The wife of King Agrippa
- Question: What was the name of Priscilla’s husband? – Answer: Aquilla
- Question: What was Aquilla’s job? – Answer: He was a tentmaker
- Question: The goddess of Ephesus who was worshiped the most, what was her name? – Answer: Diana
- Question: Who was Ahasveros? – Answer: A Persian kind, Xerxes 1
- Question: What was the name of the great-grandson of Boa? – Answer: David
- Question: What is the name of Moses’ wife – Answer: Zipporah
- Question: Timotheus grandmother was called? – Answer: Lois
- Question: What does Jahwe-Schammah mean? – Answer: God himself/Ezekiel 48,35
- Question: When was the Passover feast celebrated? – Answer: The 14th day of the first month
- Question: Where did Jacob call the place he fought God? – Answer: Pniel
- Question: Peter’s first letter was addressed to who? – Answer: Dispersed strangers
- Question: What was the name of Job’s mother? – Answer: Zeruja
- Question: Ezra had what job position in Israel? – Answer: Land cultivator
- Question: What were the two columns called on the temple built by Solomon? – Answer: Jakin and Boas
- Question: Paul left his coat where? – Answer: He left it in Troas, Carpus.
- Question: What was shown on the high priest’s headband? – Answer: Holiness of Jahwe
- Question: How many years went by before Paul moved back to Jerusalem? – Answer: 14 years
- Question: What spirit possessed the girl in Philippi – Answer: A python spirit
- Question: Where can the 10 commandments be found in the Bible? – Answer: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5
- Question: What are the nine (9) fruits of the Holy Spirit? – Answer: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.
- Question: Where in the bible can you find the Lord’s prayer? – Answer: Matthew 6
- Question: Who went with Paul on his early missionary journey? – Answer: Barnabas
- Question: What was the name of the woman who hid the spies at Jericho? – Answer: Rahab
- Question: What reward did Jesus say the twelve apostles would get for leaving everything and following him? – Answer: He said they’d sit in twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel
- Question: After Solomon’s rule, what happened to the kingdom? – Answer: It split into two
- Question: What tribe of Israel received no inheritance of the land – Answer: The tribe of Levites
- Question: Who was Abraham’s nephew? – Answer: Lot
- Question: Which missionary was described as having known the holy scriptures from an early age? – Answer: Timothy
- Question: Who escorted the slave with the letter to Philemon? – Answer: Tychicus
- Question: Before King Nebuchadnezzar was restored as king, what happened to him? – Answer: He went mad and lived as a beast
- Question: Who was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest at the time of Jesus’ death? – Answer: Annas
- Question: What did Melchizedek give to Abram?
Answer: Bread and wine
- Question: According to the Gospels, which literary genre does Jesus implement to help preach his message?
Answer: The parable
- Question: How does Judas notify the Roman Officials of Jesus’ identity?
Answer: Judas kisses Jesus
- Question: What are the two tribes not named after the sons of Jacob?
Answer: Manasseh and Ephraim
- Question: Who requested the body of Jesus for burial?
- Question: How did Samson die?
Answer: Pushing over the temple pillars, killing himself and many Philistines.
Answer: Joseph of Arimathea
- Question: Ananias and Sapphira died after lying to the Apostles about their offering. True or False?
- Question: How many deacons were chosen to help the apostles to distribute food to widows?
- Question: Jesus would sometimes “spit” as part of his healing miracles. True or False?
Answer: True. The Bible describes him spitting three times.
- Question: How many days was Lazarus dead before Jesus came to visit?
Answer: Four days.
- Question: Who helped pay the bills for Jesus and the disciple’s ministry?
Answer: Several women who Jesus had healed.
- Question: What was John the Baptist’s cloth made out of?
Answer: Camel’s hair
- Question: Who returned to Israel to build up the walls of Jerusalem?
- Question: An Israelite saved her people from being murdered and became the wife of a king, what was her name?
- Question: How did Esther get to talk to the king?
Answer: Went in to talk without being summoned first.
- Question: Who was David’s son that started a rebellion against him?
- Question: David abandoned what city?
- Question: When David and Absalom’s armies battled, what happened to Absalom’s hair?
Answer: It got caught in a tree.
- Question: Absalom was killed by who?
- Question: Because he killed Absalom, how was Joab punished?
Answer: He got demoted as captain.
- Question: What was David’s second sin recorded in the Bible?
Answer: He took a census of the people in his nation.
- Question: Who anointed Saul as King?
- Question: What is the first commandment?
Answer: “You shall have no other gods before me.”
- Question: What is the second commandment?
Answer: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image”; Thou shall not make idols.
- Question: What is the third commandment?
Answer: “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.”
- Question: What is the fourth commandment?
Answer: “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
- Question: What is the fifth commandment?
Answer: “Honor thy mother and father.”
- Question: What is the sixth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not kill.”
- Question: What is the seventh commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
- Question: What is the eighth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not steal.”
- Question: What is the ninth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”
- Question: What is the tenth commandment?
Answer: “Thou shalt not covet.”
- Question: When the people demanded Saul make a sacrifice to God, what did he do?
Answer: Made the sacrifice.
- Question: Which group of people is righteous enough to inherit the Kingdom of God?
Answer: The Gentiles
- Question: Which insect did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
- Question: The Book of Revelation is written by who?
- Question: Who worked as a tax collector before preaching the word of God?
- Question: In the Acts of the Apostles, who is Stephen?
Answer: The first Christian martyr
- Question: In 1 Corinthians, which is the greatest of the imperishable qualities?
- Question: In the Gospel According to John, which apostle doubts Jesus’ resurrection until he sees Jesus with his own eyes?
- Question: Which Gospel mostly speaks on the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
Answer: The Gospel According to John
- Question: Which biblical narrative is connected to Palm Sunday?
Answer: Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem before his death
- Question: Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
- Question: What is the name of the village where Christ turned water into wine?
Answer: Cana of Galilee
- Question: The Apostle John and Moses wrote how many books?
- Question: Which book is also called the book of a second chance?
- Question: Which men came from the East to worship baby Jesus
Answer: The Magi
- Question: Which disciple walked on water?
- Question: Who is the mother of all living?
- Question: In which town did Jesus drive an evil spirit out of a man who called him the Holy One of God?
- Question: Who sacked the Syrian camp?
- Question: How long is the famine that Elisha prophesizes?
Answer: 7 Years
- Question: At what age did Jesus start his ministry?
- Question: What miracle did Jesus perform on the Sabbath?
Answer: Healing the man who was born blind
- Question: What Roman Governor presided over Judea during the trial of Jesus?
Answer: Pontius Pilate
- Question: What did Felix feel when Paul told him of Christ?
- Question: How many days after birth is circumcision performed according to the Laws of Moses?
- Question: Who must we become like to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?
- Question: According to Paul, who is the Head of the church?
- Question: Which city mentioned in Revelation is also an American city?
- Question: Who did God say would worship at the feet of the angel of the Church of Philadelphia?
Answer: The false Jews of the synagogue of Satan
- Question: What happened when the crew threw Jonah overboard?
Answer: The storm calmed
- Question: Where was the book of 2 Timothy written?
- Question: Who said, “The time of my departure is at hand”?
- Question: What animal is slain for the feast of Passover?
Answer: The lamb
- Question: Which plague of Egypt fell from the sky?
- Question: What was the name of Moses’ sister?
- Question: King Rehoboam has how many children?
- Question: Who was King Solomon’s mother?
- Question: Who was Samuel’s father?
- Question: Who was the disciple that Jesus loved?
- Question: Was John the Baptist a disciple?
- Question: How many Gospels are in the New Testament?
- Question: What are the four Gospels in the New Testament?
Answer: Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John
- Question: Who is the book of Acts addressing?
Answer: The churches
- Question: How many horses appear in the book of Revelation?
- Question: What color are the four horses in the book of Revelation?
Answer: White, Red, Dark, & Pale
- Question: Which disciple was crucified upside-down?
- Question: What two men in the Bible never died?
Answer: Elijah & Enoch
- Question: Who is the oldest man in the Bible?
- Question: Who is Methuselah’s father?
- Question: How long did the Israelites wander through the wilderness?
Answer: 40 years
- Question: How many times did Noah send out a dove from the Ark?
Answer: Three times
- Question: What did the dove bring back that let Noah know that the water was receding?
Answer: A freshly plucked olive leaf
- Question: Who was pregnant at the same time as Mary?
- Question: What were the gifts the Wise Men brought when they went to visit Jesus?
Answer: Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh
- Question: In the Old Testament, which prophet foretold of Jesus’ birth?
- Question: Who was the first hunter mentioned in the Bible?
- Question: Who was the only female judge mentioned in the Bible?
- Question: Which woman washed Jesus’ feet?
Answer: Mary Magdalene
- Question: What language is the New Testament originally written in?
- Question: What does “Christ” mean?
- Question: What religion did Jesus Christ practice?
- Question: In the book of Genesis, why did the Lord decide to destroy mankind in a flood?
Answer: They had become wicked and had evil in their hearts
- Question: How many pairs of each “clean” animal did Noah take on the ark?
Answer: Seven pairs
- Question: How old was Noah when the flood began?
Answer: 600 years old
- Question: Where did the ark come to rest after the flood?
Answer: The mountains of Ararat
- Question: What was the covenant God made with Noah and his sons?
Answer: To never again send a flood to destroy the Earth
- Question: Who was the judge who defeated the Midianites with only 300 men using torches and horns?
- Question: Who was the judge who took a Nazarite vow from birth and fought against the Philistines?
- Question: With what did Samson kill 1,000 Philistines?
Answer: A donkey’s jawbone.
- Question: How many times did David spare Saul’s life?
- Question: Where did David spare Saul’s life the first time?
Answer: A cave.
- Question: Where did David spare Saul’s life the second time?
Answer: In a campsite, where Saul was sleeping.
- Question: Name three women in the bible whose names begin with “R”.
Answer: Rebecca, Rachel, Ruth
- Question: Which king had a sundial?
- Question: Which disciple found a coin in the mouth of a fish?
- Question: What was Harn’s father called? What were his brothers called?
Answer: Noah, Shem, Japheth
- Question: What is Jesus’ other name?
Above are 250+ bible trivia hard questions with answers that you may use to test your bible knowledge, have a conversation with friends and family, or teach others.
The questions and answers have been reduced to make them understandable to a wide range of readers, and you can also print it out.
- 2 Year Nursing Degree in Philippines – Where to Apply - March 21, 2023
- List of Universities in Scotland for International Students – Top & Affordable - March 21, 2023
- Best Medical Schools in Argentina, Very Affordable - March 15, 2023