Study at the cheapest universities in France for international students; review of tuition fees, cost of living, admission requirements, how to apply with listed cheap universities in France for international students.
Studying in France affords you the chance to study at a cheaper rate; there are so many Cheap universities in France for international students, both public and private. You know, the word cheap is relative, what is cheap to you might be expensive to another international student. That is why I said some private schools in France are very affordable, some students find it so.
About 280 institutions of higher learning exist in France; universities are 80 while engineering and commercial schools are 200 or even more as at now. You can expect to complete first cycle or undergraduate studies in 3 years if nothing hinders you while masters last for 2 years. Official language in France is French.
Cheap Universities in France for International Students – Tuition Fees
Tuition fees in France especially in public institutions are very cheap unlike what is obtainable in UK, Canada and USA. You can expect to pay as low as 150 euros or as high as 800 euros depending on the course you choose to study and your school of choice.
These amounts are paid yearly. Your tuition fee in France also depends on your level; undergraduate and graduate students can’t expect same tuition rates.
Studying in France at private schools is more expensive; tuition fees annually is estimated at 1,500 to 6,000 Euros per year. Courses taught in English language are more expensive than others but within the above given range.
Public institutions also offer English-taught programs for international students, find out where to study abroad in France in English. The article will also guide you on how to apply for admission yo study in France.
There is nothing like free tuition universities in France for either national or international students; if you are from a Franco-phonic nation, you can study at a very cheap rate in France. The tuition fee is 200 euros per year for bachelors programs but engineering and medicine can be 615 euros per year or more, just find out from your school’s website.
Cheap Universities in France for International Students – Cost of Living
Cost of living in France is not so cheap like you would have in Poland or Germany, it is relatively affordable depending on the city you choose to study in. Expect to spend about 1,050 to 1,250 euros per month to take care of accommodation, food, transport or other utility bills and basic needs. Just be wise about money management.
Study at Cheap Universities in France – Admission Requirements for International Students
Undergraduate applicants will need a French baccalauréat or a valid high school certificate in addition to general admission requirements.
Postgraduate students will need bachelors or masters degree certificate depending on the level of study. This is additional to general requirements below;
- French entrance examination result taken at your home country
- Institutes of technology conduct oral interview
Other requirements for students wanting to apply to French Grandes Ecole.
Grandes Ecole means very special schools in France that are highly rated just like the Ivy league schools in USA.
They demand that you take a pathway program with them even when you have a great certificate at hand, then after the 2-year pathway program, you write and pass their entrance examination very well. You just need to be a good scholar to stand a chance here.
The good news is you can ignore these special schools and apply to other public institutions in France, most of them are highly ranked in Europe.
French Language Requirement to study at Cheap Universities in France
French language is a very major language of instruction in French Institutions. You need to proof that you can communication effectively using the language before you are admitted to study as an undergraduate.
Some postgraduate students can be exempted from this depending on their course of study and institution involved. If your program is offered in English, you will have to proof that you have a good command of English language as well. Please consult your school of choice to know if you can be exempted from French language proficiency proof.
Some countries like the Franco-phonic ones are exempted, there are other conditions of exemption for both undergraduate and graduate students, find out from any of the schools below to know if you can be exempted.
To me, unless you do not want to settle in France, it is advisable to learn the language.
The following language training courses exist in France;
- TCF (Test de connaissance du français – Test of knowledge of French)
- Le TEF (Test d’évaluation de français – French assessment test)
French Degree Programs that are Accepted
- DELF (Diplôme d’études en langue française – Diploma of French-language studies)
- DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue française – Advanced diploma in French language)
Conditions for Exemption from French Language Proficiency Proof
- You are exempted if you hold a French baccalauréat, international or European baccalauréat, or Franco-German baccalauréat
- Foreign students who are beneficiaries of scholarships from the French government, international organizations, or foreign governments whose grants are administered by an approved French entity
- If your country is a French speaking nation; Benin, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte dʼIvoire, Gabon, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Republic of Congo, Senegal, and Togo
- If your country has many official languages but French is one of them and you studied your secondary school courses in French language; Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Haiti, Madagascar, Mauritania (except for students in the Arabic-language curriculum), Rwanda, Seychelles, Switzerland, and Vanuatu
- If your first degree was taught either completely or partially in French
- If your final examination for graduation from high school was conducted totally in French language
List of Cheap Universities and Colleges in France for International Students
- Universite de Caen
- Universite de Franche-Comte
- Universite de Marne la Vallee
- Universite de Provence
- Universite de Savoie
- Universite de la Mediterranee
- Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
- Universite Lumiere Lyon
- Universite d’Orleans
- Universite de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
- Universite de Technologie Compiegne
- University of Picardie
- University of Rennes
- Nantes University
- American University of Paris
- College de France
- Ecole Centrale Paris
- Ecole Centrale de Lyon
- Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees
- Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Paris
- Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de St-Etienne
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Electronique, d’Electrotechnique, d’Informatique et d’Hydraulique de Toulouse
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Ingenieurs en
- Construction Aeronautique (ENSICA)
- Ecole Nationale Superieure des telecomunnications de Paris (ENST)
- Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC)
- Ecole Nationale des Telecommunications de Bretagne
- Ecole Normale Superieure
- Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon
- Ecole Polytechnique
- Ecole Superieure D’Electricite
- Ecole Superieure D’Ingenieur en Electronique et Electrotechnique
- Ecole Superieure en Sciences Informatiques
- Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris
- European Institute of Business Administration
- Institut National de Physique Nucleaire et de Physique des Particules
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Toulouse
- Institut National des Telecommunications
- Institut Superieure D’Electronique du Nord
- Institut d’Informatique d’Entreprise
- Institut des Mathematiques Appliquees de Grenoble
- Strasbourg University
- Universite Paris IX Dauphine
- Universite d’Aix-Marseille III
- Universite d’Angers
- Compelling reasons why you should do an MBA - November 29, 2023
- Reading Online for Free Without Downloading – Best Sites - November 29, 2023
- All Top Free Government Certifications Online with Links - November 25, 2023