Study at cheap universities in Guyana for international students, I have reviewed tuition fees, cost of living, top universities in Guyana and history of the country.
Guyana is one of the South American countries with visible rain-forest. It is actually a nation that loves to play cricket and also calypso music. They share the same culture as people of the Caribbean nations. Guyana’s capital is Georgetown, it was colonized by Britain. The country’s dialing code is +592.
Guyana as a country was also colonized by Netherlands and various native people. It houses about 735,000 inhabitants that speak eleven different languages. The country’s lingua franca is Guyanese Creole. It is bounded by Atlantic Ocean, Venezuela and Brazil.
This country has rich natural reserve of bauxite, timber, gold etc. It is a developing nation; most of it exporting businesses are made to UK, Canada and USA.
Important Points to Note About Guyana
- Guyana is known for it hot climate that does not improve every year. It can also be very humid especially during rainy season
- Georgetown with the population of 124,000 people is the country’s capital and largest urban city
- Guyana’s unemployment rate is about 12%
- Cost of living is very modest or even low depending on the city but there are scarce resources in some areas
List of Cheap Universities in Guyana for International Students
Universities in Guyana
- American International School of Medicine (AISM)
- American University of Peace Studies
- Georgetown American University
- Greenheart Medical University
- Institute of Distance and Continuing Education
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Science and Technology
- Texila American University, Georgetown
- Twin Island University
- University of Guyana
- Alexander American University
- Lincoln American University
Colleges in Guyana
- The Business School Guyana
- Critchlow Labour College
- Cyril Potter College of Education
- Georgetown Technical Institute
- Guyana School of Agriculture
- Alli Reza School of Thought
Cheap Universities in Guyana – Tuition Fees
Tuition fee in public schools in Guyana is far less expensive compared to that of private universities or colleges. An average tuition fee of 10,000 US dollars to 25,000 US dollars annually should be expected in private schools, but public schools is estimated to be around 3,000 to 7,000 US dollars. Some programs maybe lower or higher, just confirm from the university of choice. Apply for scholarship to support your funding in Guyana.
Study at Cheap Universities or Colleges in Guyana – Cost of Living
Cost of living in Guyana can be up to 4,000 US dollars yearly. It can be higher or lower depending on your spending habit and the city you reside in. For how to apply for studies, read my article on study abroad application tips.
Review of Top Universities in Guyana for International Students
University of Guyana
University of Guyana was established in 1963. It is a public institution located in Georgetown. It is accredited by National Accreditation Council of Guyana.
This institution offers pathway programs, certificate programs, degree programs, diplomas etc. Both undergraduate and postgraduate programs are available in many fields.
Texila American University
This school was founded in the year 2010, it is a private institution. Texilla American University is located in Sparendaam City. It has satellite campuses in Georgetown. Fully accredited and recognized by the afore-mentioned board in Guyana.
Find out programs offered by visiting the school’s website.
The school offers scholarships, housing facilities, sports facilities, exchange programs for students who wish to study abroad, and even fully online programs.
Rajiv Gandhi University of Science and Technology
This college was founded in 2012. As a private institution located in Georgetown, it is a for-profit organization. It is fully accredited and recognized by accreditation body in Guyana. Rajiv is a very small institute with student population below 1,000. Several pretty-bachelor and bachelor programs are offered in several fields of higher learning.
Guyana School of Agriculture
This school of agriculture in Guyana was established in 1963. Guyana School of Agriculture is a public institution located Mon Repos. It has satellite campuses in Essequibo and am are officially accredited and recognized. It offer degree programs and other types of programs that is usually offered by such schools.
GreenHeart Medical University
It was established in the year 2005. GreenHeart Medical University is a private school located in Georgetown and it is duly accredited.
The school offers degree and non-degree programs.
- Cheap Universities in Texas with Scholarships and Tuition Fees - January 20, 2023
- Is it Free to Study in Spain as an International Student? - January 20, 2023
- Where to Study Abroad in France in English - January 20, 2023