Study abroad in Chile, we are considering the list of low tuition universities and colleges in Chile, the tuition fees, cost of living in Chile for foreign nationals’ students, admission requirements and how to apply for admission in Chilean institutions.
Prior to going into that in details, let us look into Chile as a study abroad top nation.
Chile is a land of great poets and literary stars, such as Nobel Prize winners Gabriela Mistral and Pablo Neruda, and international bestsellers Isabel Allende and Roberto Bola-no. It is a long narrow country that extends along with it.
- Suggested; 10 best tuition free universities worldwide
The western edge of South America, with a Pacific Ocean coastline of more than 6,000km. It is located in South America and is one of the most stable and prosperous nations in South America today.
Students can easily progress to higher education following successful graduation from secondary school.
Higher education colleges in Chile are divided into public universities or private universities and consist of Chilean Traditional Universities. Many medical schools cooperating with Yale University exist; both the Universidad de Chile and Universidad Diego Portales offer law schools.
Tuition Fees at Universities in Chile
In particular, as compared to other good study destinations in South America, tuition fees at universities in Chile are not as inexpensive and accessible. One would assume that this only happens to private universities, but, shockingly, public institutions have the same problem. However on average, students studying at private universities now pay roughly US$5,500 per year.
- Suggested; How to apply for admission to study abroad
Similarly, the same tuition fee is now paid for public colleges. Regardless of the country of origin, students of STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) are likely to be paying a little more, at around US$5,900, while medical students will be able to budget anything higher again with average tuition fees of around US$6,300 per year.
How to Apply for Admission to Study Abroad in Chile
The pattern of degree studies in Chile is much like that used in the EU and the US, consisting of Licenciatura (similar to a bachelor’s degree), Magister (similar to a master’s degree) and PhD (similar to Ph.D.). The Licenciatura is normally a four-year program, although a longer period of study might be needed for some subject areas such as engineering or architecture.
A exam called the Prueba de Seleccion Universitaria (PSU), similar to the SAT test commonly used in the US, has to be taken by undergraduates applying to state universities in Chile. Individual universities set their own PSU entry standards, with ‘traditional universities typically requiring higher scores than the newer private universities.
International students who wish to enroll at Chilean universities will also need to demonstrate their ability to study in Spanish. For more information about how to apply and the required criteria, Study Eagles suggests that you visit the website of your university of choice.
- Suggested article; fully funded scholarships for women
Cost of Living in Chile for International Students
In contrast with most other Latin American countries, the cost of living in Chile is not easy. If you budget around US$700 per month as an international student, it will definitely take care of your regular living expenses such as food, lodging, transportation, stationery, etc., but anything higher in the range of US$1,000 and US$1,100 will make your life sweet and enjoyable.
List of Cheap Universities and Colleges in Chile for Foreign Students
Cheap Public Universities in Chile
- University of Chile
- University of Santiago (USACH)
- Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences
- Metrop. U. of Sciences of the Education (UMCE)
- Technological Metropolitan University (UTEM)
Affordable Private Universities in Chile
- Pontifical Catholic University of Chile (UC)
- University Academy of Christian Humanism
- Alberto Hurtado University
- Bernardo O’Higgins University (UBO)
- Cardenal Silva Henriquez Catholic Univ. (UCSH)
- Central University of Chile
- University Chilean – Briton of Culture
- University of Art and Social Sciences (UARCIS) of Arts, Sciences and Communication
- Aconcagua University
- University of the Computer Science (UCINF)
- University of The Americas
- University of Los Andes
- University of the Development (UDD)
- University of the Pacific
- Diego Portales University (UDP)
- Finis Terrae University
- Gabriela Mistral University (UGM)
- Latin-American University of Sciences and Technology
- Bolivarian University
- DuocUC Catholic University
- International University SEK (UISEK)
- La Republica University (ULARE)
- Mariano Egaña University (UME)
- Mayor University
- Miguel de Cervantes University
- National University of Andres Bello (UNAB)
- Santo Tomas University
- Technological University of Chile (UTC)
- Military Technical Academy
Last Updated on June 16, 2021 by Admin AniSharing means caring😉