If you’re looking for the most affordable options Canada has to offer, look no further.
Cheap Universities in Canada Offering Affordable Bachelor Programs
1. Brandon University
- Location; Brandon, Manitoba
- Degree Programs;BA, BBA, BEd, BFA, BM, BN, BSc
Foreign students are invited to apply in accordance with the international application process of the university. Brandon University appears to have a long and supportive relationship with international students and provides experiences with one-to-one professors and resources for study that are not accessible at larger universities.
2. Université de Saint-Boniface
- Location; Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Tuition; $7,482
- Degree Programs; Bachelor’s Degrees in Arts, Social Work, Translation, Science, Nursing, Business and Education.
Students will continue studying at the University of Manitoba for a Master’s degree. As this is a French university, foreign students at Saint-Boniface must expect to be able to speak a certain degree of French. Some programs also include a degree of proficiency in English as well.
- Location;Guelph, Ontario
- Tuition; $9,730
- Degree Programs; Bachelor’s Degrees from 5 Colleges (Arts, Biological Sciences, Business & Economics, Engineering & Physical Sciences, Social & Applied Human Sciences)
At the university, foreign students in Guelph can obtain special assistance with visa applications, study of the English language, accommodation and have access to a specialist specifically for international students.
4. Canadian Mennonite University
- Location;Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Degree Programs; Three- and four-year BA, BSc, BBA, and Master’s Programs
Due to their unquestionably broad range of experiences and viewpoints, international students are accepted and encouraged to apply so they can bring international students to choose from over 19 majors for bachelor’s studies.
5. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location; St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Degree Programs;More than 100 programs for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Certificates
Foreign students at MUN; International applicants are warmly accepted and encouraged by Memorial University. For foreign students, the university provides specialized programs, such as student counseling, an internationalization office, and international student groups.
Cheap Universities in Canada offering Low Cost Masters Programs
6. Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Location;St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Degree Programs;A broad range of on-campus and online Masters and Doctorate programs in the fields of Humanities & Social Sciences, Technical Programs, Interdisciplinary Programs and Sciences.
- Location;Prince George, British Columbia
- Tuition; $3,297
- Degree Programs;MBA, MSc, MEd, MEng, MScN, MSW, Graduate Certificates, and Doctorate programs
8. University of Calgary
- Location; Calgary, Alberta
- Degree Programs;Offers course-based and research-based Master’s and Doctorate degrees in a variety of subjects
- Location;Burnaby, British Columbia
- Degree Programs; Variety of graduate programs in Applied Sciences, Arts & Social Sciences, Business, Communication, Art & Technology, Education, Environment, Health Sciences, and Science
10. University of Saskatchewan
- Location;Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Degree Programs;Over 80 Master’s and Doctorate degrees, specializing in research and medical fields.
Why Study in Canada
Many foreign students chose to study in Canada because of the low tuition rates, the ease and comfort of living, and the universities’ great reputations.
1. It’s cost-effective to study abroad in Canada
Canada offers degrees that are much simpler for your pocket compared to top universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, and other English-speaking nations.
2. The prestige is highly resounding
Canada is known for being one of the world’s best education centres, and its universities are no exception.
3. Life is simple in Canada
It can sound overwhelming to study in another country, but making it simple in this English-speaking, first-world nation helps international students to get along just fine.
Tuition Fees in Canada for International Students
The tuition would depend on the type of program and the place of study for foreign students studying in Canada. Bachelor’s grades range from $7,203 to $49,800 a year for Masters’ courses, while annual tuition fees are from $3,222 to $42,850 for Master’s degrades.
Best Universities in Canada
U.S. news states the top Canadian Universities to be; University of Toronto, British Columbia and McGill University. Both of them are globally recognized as outstanding schools worldwide and also offer much more competitive tuition rates than their foreign counterparts.
1. University of Toronto
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition; $42,870 – $49,800
- Master’s Degree Tuition; $6,900 – $22,640
2. University of British Columbia
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition; $25,978 – $36,588
- Master’s Degree Tuition; $8,605
3. McGill University
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition; $16,815 – $45,263
- Master’s Degree Tuition; $16,816
4. McMaster University
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition; $20,808 – $27,978
- Master’s Degree Tuition; $16,761 – $17,096
5. University of Montreal
- Bachelor’s Degree Tuition; $13,048 – $16,990
- Master’s Degree Tuition; $16,372
Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
The cost of living varies widely across the expansive country of Canada, as in most big countries. The Canadian Rental Housing Index says that many large metropolises are cheap, but some areas remain for student budgets.
This is an average cost breakdown in Canada for a student (in CAD $);
- Basic lunch & drink: $18
- Monthly rent in 45 sq m furnished studio: $1,160
- Monthly utilities: $102
- Monthly internet: $54
- Monthly public transport: $109
- Monthly gym membership: $59
- Pair of jeans: $72
- Private doctor visit: $93
- Toothpaste: $2.62
- Cappuccino: $5.05
Grants and Scholarships for International Students who wish to Study in Canada
You will also want to consider applying for support and scholarships while studying in Canada to take care of tuition fees and other cost of studying abroad. International students have various scholarships and grants and even scholarships only for students from particular countries.
Check out these top scholarships for international students in Canada.
How to Apply for Admission to Study in a Canadian University
A foreign student would have special conditions for application to a Canadian university. You may be required to bring the following in addition to the standard student application requirements including letters of recommendation, description and educational history;
- Proof of finances
- English proficiency
- International application
- Passport information
- A translated copy of your transcript
Take note that if you are staying in Canada for more than six months, you will also need a student visa. The request can be made online and costs CAD 150 dollars. The Government of Canada will ask for evidence of finances, evidence of health and education, proof of no criminal records and letter of acceptance from your university. You can launch your Canadian student visa application when you are admitted to the university in Canada.