Find out how you can get a Masters degree in different fields of study without bachelors; MBA, MSC, MA, etc.
This write up is going to concern Masters programs without a Bachelor’s degree. I have reviewed certain master programs offered without bachelors by certain schools, schools offering these programs, and why you should consider running this type of program.
What is a Combined Program for a Bachelors and Masters?
A master’s degree without a bachelor’s degree program often combines both degrees into 1. Students do not need their bachelor’s degree in these programs to apply for the MBA or master’s program.
Master’s program types that do not require a bachelor’s degree
For master’s without bachelor’s programs, there are several names. We have compiled a list of a few graduate schools that might use terms such as;
- Combined Programs for Bachelor/Master
- Degrees Undergraduate/Graduate
- Bachelor’s/MBA Integrated
- BA/BS/MAT-Degree Master’s 5th Year
- Programs for accelerated degrees (e.g. 4+1, 3+1)
- Bachelor’s degrees/ Master’s degrees
Be sure to keep an eye out for unique criteria and regulations for universities.
10 Examples of Hybrid Bachelor/Master Programs
Explore the following list of funded programs that offer combined programs for master’s and bachelor’s degrees
Many of these choices are in various fields, so find the right program for you and directly contact the school for more information!
Note; Bear in mind that specific admissions criteria can change without notice and that before submitting your application, it is best to contact the school directly.
1. University of Penn State
BS in Accounting/MBA Integrated
Academically talented students can pursue a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and MBA at the same time at Penn State, giving you the option of stacking courses with business strategy in corporate finance and auditing theory.
2. University of Simmons
(RN, ASN, BSN, MSN) Nursing/Registered Nurse-Master
At Simmons University, current RNs with an associate’s degree or nursing diploma might receive an MSN without a BSN. This nursing bridge program includes in-depth courses that give you the opportunity to earn both degrees in less time than it would take to earn each individually.
3. University of Brandeis
Comparative Humanities Master of Arts
For current students of Brandeis, the BA/MACH program is available. In order to select a customized course plan that covers 30 program areas, applicants consult with their primary advisor.
Do they like science? The school also allow students undertake five-year Bachelor’s/ Master’s programs in biotechnology and computer science.
4. University of Loyola
Bachelor in Science / Master of Applied Statistics in Science
In addition to some of the other advantages, for students applying for the BS/MS program in applied statistics at Loyola, the MS program prerequisite to take the GRE is waived.
5. San Francisco University
BSN 4+1 to MSN
The RN to MSN at USF, designed to train RNs to progress in the field of nursing, allows you to gain expertise in designing and managing patient care strategies and advocating for best practices in the field of healthcare.
6. University of Boston
Master’s in Engineering Mechanics
At Boston University, prior to completing their master’s, students develop a knowledge base in engineering with some undergraduate coursework.
The master’s degree in mechanical engineering is one of the Late Entry Accelerated (LEAP) programs that allows you to gain experience in robotics, acoustics, and fluid dynamics and to explore theories and methodology.
- Suggested; Myths and facts about studying online
7. Roger Williams University
MS of Criminal Justice (4+1)
Students can pursue an online Master of Science in Criminal Justice program at Roger Williams University that incorporates a bachelor’s and a master’s. Courses concentrate on the conduct of study in fields such as policing, corrections and procedures and courses, instruction and assignments.
8. University of Fairleigh Dickinson
BA or BS/MA in Teaching (QUEST Five-Year Training Program for Teachers)
For those in your place who do not need a bachelor’s degree, Farleigh Dickinson University offers a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), open to those without an undergraduate degree in education.
This curriculum for graduate teacher education will include a path to teacher licensing. Plus, in areas not limited to Elementary Education (grades K-6) and Preschool-Grade 3 Pre-K-3), there are state-approved certification programs at FDU in New Jersey.
9. University of Pepperdine
Jumpstart a business career with a full-time BS/MBA from the University of Pepperdine in Malibu, California, removing the GMAT prerequisite.
In addition, an option to follow an International MBA or a diverse emphasis such as Digital Innovation and Information Systems or Finance is available.
10. Delaware University
Bachelor of Science / Master of Accounting Sciences
By mixing graduate and undergraduate courses, students who want to study full-time will earn a BS/MS in Accounting in as little as five years. These courses provide further instruction and a base for research and professional skills in order to obtain a PhD in accounting.
Why should you receive a bachelor’s and a master’s degree together?
A bachelor and master combination program can generate several advantages, including the list below, including the word “two for one special”.
- Double Count Credits; Some master programs that do not require a bachelor’s degree, allow you to take master’s level courses and add the credits to the requirements of both bachelor’s and master’s. This will require several preparatory steps and meetings with an academic advisor who will discuss your options, such as: Where you can share graduate credits in your undergraduate degree plan, confirm which courses are qualified to share, ensure that when you apply you choose a hybrid Bachelor/Master program.
- Potentially saves money for students; Dual degree options for Bachelor’s/could Master’s allow students to save money on tuition by potentially receiving credits for both degrees and earning your degree in less time.
- Could Accelerate Graduation; Usually, earning a bachelor’s and master’s degree together increases the years spent at college if you look at it from an undergraduate perspective. It also, though also speeds up the time it takes to obtain a master’s degree.
Need a gap year after graduation?
- Take your time! Some colleges, such as Villanova, allow students to obtain their master’s degree for six calendar years once they become a master’s level student.
- Applications can be made easier; the application fee may be waived for BS/MS applicants, as well as the GRE requirement. However, multiple recommendation letters from department faculty may be required, as the basic criteria for admissions differ from school to school.
- Scholarship Support; It’s not a guarantee, but students may receive scholarship support in their 5th year for graduate study at some colleges, such as Farleigh Dickinson University.
- You can switch programs; If you earned an undergraduate degree in the arts and now lack the background for a master’s degree in engineering? Some colleges allow a master’s degree to be obtained in a field other than your bachelor’s degree. Johns Hopkins University, for example, is offering a new dual degree program that will allow students within five years to receive a bachelor’s degree in engineering and an MBA.
List of Graduate Schools Offering Master’s without Bachelor’s Programs
- Simmons College
- Brandeis University
- Loyola University
- University of San Francisco
- Boston University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Roger Williams University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Pepperdine University
- University of Delaware
- Johns Hopkins University
What kinds of dual bachelor’s or masters degrees are there?
Do you wonder if it is possible without a bachelor’s degree to earn an MBA? Business administration is just one of the places where you can obtain a master’s degree without a bachelor’s degree.
Other kinds of dual Bachelors or Masters;
- How to Study Abroad in Switzerland, Universities and Tuition Fees - September 22, 2022
- Studying Abroad in Malaysian Universities isn’t a Bad Idea, Let this Guide You! - September 22, 2022
- 10 Plus Best Paying Jobs in Electric Utilities Central - September 20, 2022