Memorial University of Newfoundland is a respected Canadian university. The school offers a lot of programs for bachelor and master’s degrees. They want to expand their international student population in the country (Canada) where the university is, so you can expect a warm welcome. The university provides world class education for several foreign students at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Typically, a first-rate education, a selection of research possibilities and healthy and welcoming societies are the first attractions at this university. Other information about the Memorial University of Newfoundland is given below.
About the Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
MUN is the premier comprehensive university in Atlantic Canada and is Newfoundland and Labrador’s only university.
Why Choose to Study in Memorial University of Newfoundland
- In general, the high quality of Canadian universities and the consistency of their academic standards are recognised. They are still globally ranked among the strongest. Newfoundland Memorial University is no exception.
- Degrees at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, are recognised internationally, and this university is chosen by foreign students to undertake graduate studies that will contribute to successful careers.
- International students highly appreciate the excellent quality of instruction, the selection of instructors, the right to select flexible and interdisciplinary programs, and on-the-job preparation.
- In addition, Memorial University of Newfoundland, in addition to advanced and credential programs, offers a handful of undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of disciplines.
Research at the Memorial University of Newfoundland if you want to receive a permanent residency in Canada. Studying at the Memorial University of Newfoundland, like studying at other universities in Canada, could make it easier for foreign students to obtain permanent residency in the country.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, in reality, provides many programs that provide hands-on experience, including co-op programs, where on-the-job training and internships alternate with classroom instruction.
Programs / Courses Offered at Memorial University of Newfoundland
As stated earlier, a wide range of bachelor and master degree programs is offered by the university. There are some of these services that are;
- Environment and sustainability
- Fine arts
- Engineering and applied science
- Maritime studies
- Technology and ocean instrumentation
- Human kinetics and recreation
- Social work
More than 50 percent of all the province’s research and development is conducted by university researchers.
Memorial University of Newfoundland Rankings
Canada’s Memorial University of Newfoundland is regarded as one of the best universities in Canada. Among other universities in the world, it is also of high importance.
- 601-700 in ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2020
- 701-750 in QS 2021 World University Ranking
- 501-600 in Times Higher Education (THE) 2021
- 703 in US News & World Report 2021
Campuses and Faculties in Memorial University of Newfoundland
There are several campuses at MUN, each special. Students at the main St. John’s campus benefit from a broad range of programs and state-of-the-art services, including one of Canada’s best library systems. The newest campus of Memorial, Signal Hill Campus, focuses on problems of the 21st century by connecting the talents and ideas of Memorial students, faculty, employees, and Newfoundland and Labrador people and organizations.
Artists and students of fine arts also find their inspiration in the amazing landscape and culture of the region on the small but spectacular Grenfell Campus in Corner Brook, while researchers and science students live to preserve its natural wonder.
- Read also; Harvard University Application Tips
Memorial University of Newfoundland Tuition Fees
For Canadian Students
Tuition fees, undergraduate;
- $ 2,550 – $ 3,330
Tuition fees, graduate studies;
- $ 1,905 – $ 3,717
For International Students
Tuition fees, undergraduate;
- $ 11,460
Tuition fees, graduate studies
- $ 3,222 – $ 4,833
Note; In addition to tuition fees, Canada’s universities typically charge fees for products and services offered to students. This involves fields such as associations of schools, sports and wellness. These extra fees vary widely per student and per university and can range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars.
Admission Requirements into Memorial University of Newfoundland
If you have chosen to apply to the Memorial University of Newfoundland, then the steps below are for you.
- Choose your desired program
- Choose the campus
- Check our some specific admission requirements (we would outline some of the requirements below)
- Finally go online to apply
Be aware that once you have uploaded documents, you CANNOT delete them, so please make sure that you are uploading the right document.
For Undergraduate degree, you must meet the following requirements
You must have graduated from a recognised university preparatory program with appropriate senior level courses in five subject areas to be eligible for admission as an International High School student, typically including;
- Laboratory Science or modern or classical language
- Social Science
International applicants are also expected to provide evidence of competence in English.
Know that an application fee will have to be paid;
- For Canadian students; $60
- For international students; $120
It would be prudent for you, after applying, to send supporting documentation and start preparing your finances.
List of other universities in Canada
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick, Saint John
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine
- University of St. Jerome’s College, University of Waterloo
- University of St. Michael’s College
- University of Sudbury
- University of Toronto
- University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine
- University of Toronto, Scarborough
- University of Trinity College
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- University of Windsor
- University of Winnipeg
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Film School
- Vancouver School of Theology
- Vancouver University Worldwide
- Vanier College
- Victoria University Toronto