Studies abroad are now more accessible than ever before. Belgium has many universities which are widely recognized, and accept foreign students today. An example is Belgium’s Ghent University.
This university is one of Belgium’s most respected universities. We have put together the reasons why Ghent University in Belgium is a perfect university for you in this article.
About Ghent University Belgium
Ghent University Belgium, UGent abbreviated, formerly Rijksuniversiteit Gent, is a Dutch-speaking Belgian university located in Ghent. The university has been ranked several times as the best of Belgian universities in a number of areas, either by foreign assessors or by the Flemish region. You need to find out more about this university.
Why Study in Ghent University, Belgium
1. Cost of Living and Accommodation won’t be a Problem
Belgium’s cost of living and housing should be the least of your concerns. Around most colleges, there are many attractive lodging choices. In addition, living near your college will help save you time and money.
Living costs in Belgium is roughly 700 EUR per month.
2. Studying in Ghent University Opens up to new opportunities
Studying at the University opens the door to several possibilities. You may register or be part of a university exchange scheme as a daily student. This selection provides an additional value, that of becoming high-quality institutions delivering education at an affordable cost.
3. The University is Safe and Friendly!
You’re not going to need to be too concerned in Belgium. You’re safe and cared for well. Studying in Belgium comes with health and social insurance. The bright side can already be seen: assurance and protection are an unforgettable experience in Belgium and will improve your chances of success during your studies.
4. The conditions for studying in Ghent University, Belgium
This country is one of Europe’s best countries where you can emigrate to work or study. The country currently hosts more than 50,000 people who come to work or study yearly. And any student over 21 must show evidence of a clean criminal record to keep this scheme intact.
Some universities need result for your entrance examination (such as the French test for medical students in the Frankfurt area).
It is also necessary to provide evidence that you have enough financial resources to study at the Ghent university, Belgium. For example, to cover your living costs, your health care and a return ticket to your home country, you can add documentation relating to a student loan or a scholarship.
Finally, studying in Belgium, irrespective of the level of education, remains within the scope of any student. In addition, this country’s diversity of cultures, religions and information makes it a destination of choice for students from all over the world.
The 11 faculties in this school have a broad range of courses in a wide range of scientific areas and pursue comprehensive study.
The University of Ghent is also the first Songdo World University Campus European University in South Korea.
Ghent University’s 11 colleges are made up of 79 departments. In each of their scientific disciplines, these departments deliver high quality courses, each inspired by groundbreaking research.
Faculties in Ghent University
The faculties of the university are multiple, depending on the faculties available and which include;
- Faculty of Arts and Philosophy.
- Faculty of Law and Criminology.
- The Faculty of Science.
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Faculty of Engineering and Architecture.
- The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences.
- The Faculty of Bioscience Engineering.
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Ghent University Rankings
Ghent university is one of Belgium’s top 100 universities and one of its oldest.
In the United States, Ghent University is ranked #85. News Best Global College Ranking 2021.
The Education System in Ghent University, Belgium
In Belgium, in general, the education system is considered to be flexible and competitive. That is why the country’s education has grown to a level where globally recognised diplomas and certificates are issued. At Ghent University, this educational scheme also applies.
Language Used For Instruction in Ghent University, Belgium
Belgium is a European country that is multilingual. Education will be given in Dutch, German or French, the three official languages of the country, if you want to study at the University of Ghent, Belgium. The language that suits you best can be selected. Moreover, for teaching those specialties or services, many Belgian universities offer English.
Admission Requirements into Ghent University, Belgium
You need a student visa granted by the Belgian state to study at Ghent University, Belgium. However, you do not need it if you are from a country in the European Union. Otherwise, you must contact the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country in order to, without a doubt, apply for a part of the visa.
Ghent University Tuition Fee
- For undergraduate degree: €1,000
- For graduate degree: € 5,000
Please note: For each program, fees can vary.
In conclusion, if you wanted to study in Belgium, you did well, and now it’s time for you to be well prepared. On the other hand, if the idea of studying in Belgium has not been considered yet, think about it. One of your top options should be Ghent University, Belgium.
- Read also; cheap universities in Belgium
List of other universities in Belgium
- Hogeschool voor Wetenschap en Kunst (VLEKHO), Brussel
- Karel De Grote Hogeschool
- Katholieke Hogeschool Sint-Lieven
- Katholieke Universiteit Brussel
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Kortrijk
- Limburg Universitair Centrum
- Royal Military Academy of Belgium
- The International Management Institute
- Thierry Graduate School of Leadership
- UniversitÃ© de LiÃ¨ge
- UniversitÃ© de Mons-Hainaut
- UniversitÃ© Libre de Bruxelles
- Universiteit Antwerpen
- Universiteit Antwerpen Management School
- Universiteit Antwerpen, UFSIA
- Vesalius College (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel