Find out where to study MBA without work experience in Canada; tuition fees, admission requirements and how to apply are mainly what we are going to look at. Am planning to also address some of the most commonly asked questions about studying with no job experience MBA in Canada.
MBA applications to schools in USA and UK are not going up as it should be but in Canada, the story Is different, it is rising on yearly basis.
According to Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC), two over three of business schools in Canada are experiencing a rise or increase in number of applications especially from international students yearly.
The reason for this turn-around or major breakthrough is offering MBA without requiring prospective students to have on the job experience or work experience as the case may be.
Is work experience an obstruction to obtaining an MBA, why not study abroad in Canada.
In this review of MBA without work experience in Canada, find out the work experience alternative, tuition fees and answers to FAQ.
MBA without work experience in Canada – Seven MBA Colleges that do not need work experience to offer admission
See our analyzed business schools in Canada that offer MBA without requirement of work experience, you can compare their tuition fee and other data and choose the most appropriate one for your situation.
1) Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia
TRU require you to have a degree in a related field, CGPA of 3.0 out of 5.0, if you have a goof result, no new for GMAT score but otherwise, a result of 587 is required with TWE of 5.0. Let it be a paper-based test.
IELTS is required, 7.0 with no band bell 6.5. If you can’t meet these requirements, you can enroll in their pathway program.
Tuition fee stands at 30,571 CAD dollars by it is subject to change, find out from your school directly.
- September intake: May 1st week
- January intake: October 1st week
- May intake: February 1st week
2) New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver Campus
This university offers scholarships to deserving students, you can apply for it if you stand a chance. It is awarded on basis of academic excellence, meaning you have to enrol with them and pass your exams very well before you can apply for their scholarships. It ranges from CAD 750 to CAD 2,700 yearly.
You will have to pay tuition fee of 945 CAD per credit unit, application fee of 50 CAD and student fee of 210 CAD all subject to Change without prior notice.
Requirements include good degree certificate with transcript showing your CGPA of not less than 3.0 out of 4.0. 2 recommendation letters, state me of purpose, IELTS score of not below 6.0 or TOEFL IBT of 79, GMAT is not required but can be of advantage especially if you do not meet the required CGPA point and CV.
- Spring (January); NA
- Summer (May); NA
- Fall (September); June 1st week
3) Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia
Cape Breton offers MBA Administration in Community Economic Development, no available scholarship.
Admission requirements include; bachelors degree in relevant field and from a recognised school, 3 recommendation letters from your lecturers, CV, statement of purpose, TOEFL score and GMAT scores as the ones above.
Tuition fee is $20,013 susceptible to change.
- July intake; March final week
- September intake; April final week
4) The Sprott School of Business, Ontario (Carleton University)
They offer full-time MBA programs on weekdays, scholarships are available.
Requirements include; bachelor degree in relevant field from a reputable school or university with CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0, transcript, 2 academic references, statement of purpose, least GMAT exam result stating up to 550 or same GRE score, if you do not have work experience, you will do internship during your studies. Proof of English language proficiency or you enroll in a language program, CV, completed application form for the MBA program and online interview.
Tuition fee is $55,000 approximately.
- Fall intake; March 1st week
- Winter intake; NA
- Spring/summer intake; NA
5) University of Windsor, Ontario, Odette
Master of Business Administration in Professional Accounting is being offered by UW with no available scholarship.
Admission requirements; least TOEFL IBT score of 100, least IELTS band score of 7.0, minimum Pearson score of 68, application essay, CV, GMAT score of 520 and 2 recommendation letters from your professors or doctors.
Tuition fee of $11,550 subject to change.
- Fall intake; March 1st week
- Winter intake; NA
- Spring/summer intake; NA
6) Brock University’s Goodman School of Business
Full-time and part-time MBA options are available with scholarships.
Requirements include; a 4-year bachelor’s degree in any field, CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or B/75% Canadian equivalent, GMAT or GRE – 550/60th percentile, IELTS score of 7.5 with least band of 6.5 score in different sections or TOEFL IBT score 10 overall or Pearson score of 72.
They accept pathway programs from other recognised universities. Their tuition fees include $61,500 for full-time and $25,000 for part-time MBA. MBA (International Student Pathway) tuition is $57,730 or $69,280 (accounting specialization only).
- January Intake; August 1st week
- September Intake; March 1st week
- MBA (International Student Pathway) – August Intake; March 1st week
7) Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University
They require their prospective students to possess a 4-year bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised school. Transcript showing your CGPA of 3.0 or more in your last 2 years in school. Least GMAT score of 550 or GRE, MCAT, DAT and LSAT; any of them is okay.
Paper-based TOEFL test score of 600 at least or more, computer based TOEFL test score of 237 or 100 IBT are accepted. Other tests that can be considered in place of TOEFL include; MELAB 85; IELTS 8; CanTest 4.5; CAEL 70 overall with no band score lower than 60.
CV, 2 recommendation letters, statement of purpose within 2000 words, letter of sponsorship or financial assurance.
Tuition fee of about $72,183.
Other universities in Canada that do not require work experience for their MBA programs
- University of Alberta School of Business, Edmonton
- Sobey School of Business, St. Mary’s University
- Smith College of Business, Queen’s University
- Lazaridis School of Business and Economics, Wilfrid Laurier University
- The Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto
MBA without work experience in Canada – what you are expected to present in place of work experience
These schools that do not require work experience will ask you questions like these in case of interview or you may want to include them in your academic CV or statement of purpose;
- if you did student internship during your first degree
- any community service you took part in during or after school like youth service in Nigeria
- Any volunteer work you have done and how it can help in your chosen MBA course
- What kind of extracurricular activities you were involved in while in school
Other reasons why international students prefer to study MBA in Canada include;
- Canada has diverse and accommodating culture
- Policies on immigration and work permit are lenient
- Affordable tuition when compared to the ones in USA
- Lower GMAT score and other requirements for MBA admission
- Many intake periods
- Lots of employment opportunities for their graduates worldwide due to the reputation of their school
- Highly specialized MBA programs are available
- About 3 years of post studies work permit for international students
MBA Without Work Experience in Canada – FAQ and Answers
Q. Is it compulsory to have work experience if you want to study MBA in Canada?
It is not compulsory to have work experience to those schools reviewed above, other schools will require it. You have to meet other admission requirements, if you do, then you are sure of a chance to be admitted.
Q. What are the best countries offering MBA across the world?
With regards to program reputation, rankings, accreditations, prominent alumni; the following countries top the list to international students.
- New Zealand
Q. Is it possible to study free in Canada?
For you to study for free in Canada, please read our guide on what you have to do.
Q. Do I need GMAT score to study MBA in Canada?
The required average GMAT score in some universities in Canada is 550, but some schools can exempt you from this requirement if you have a good CGPA, IELTS score that is high, good statement of purpose, how highly recommended you are, etc.
Q. What is the expected salary of an MBA holder?
You can earn an average of CAD 1,36,000 in Canada as an MBA holder. Canada is rated by QS as third highest paying country for MBA graduates, this makes it a good place to settle after your graduation.
PLEASE SHARE on SOCIAL MEDIA.
Last Updated on June 9, 2021 by Admin AniPlease Spread the Info